Fibromyalgia Chronic Fatigue sufferers?

Options
What do you do for excercise? I am doing predominately swimming right now because it doesn't make me cry. I'm also doing dancing but it has to be done at the end of the day because of the pain afterward. Just curious who else suffers and how you burn calories.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I don't have Fibromyalgia, thankfully, but I do suffer chronic fatigue. A little bit every day is the mantra!

I like to use yoga to help me through when the exhaustion and soreness set in. It's low impact, but gets me moving. And I find the meditative component really helpful for my state of mind. Keeps you rooted in the here and now. I found a few minutes in the morning really helped keep the symptoms at bay.

Now, I love hitting the gym, running/walking on the treadmill, lifting. And I dance too. I take belly dance lessons whenever I can!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I don't have Fibromyalgia, thankfully, but I do suffer chronic fatigue. A little bit every day is the mantra!

I like to use yoga to help me through when the exhaustion and soreness set in. It's low impact, but gets me moving. And I find the meditative component really helpful for my state of mind. Keeps you rooted in the here and now. I found a few minutes in the morning really helped keep the symptoms at bay.

Now, I love hitting the gym, running/walking on the treadmill, lifting. And I dance too. I take belly dance lessons whenever I can!
    AWSOME! I have noticed with daily excercise I def have more energy, but the docs keep saying it will help with the pain but it makes it so much worse
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My wife has CFIDs & Fibromyalgia. She does Ballet dancing & Tap Dancing classes; she also does Yoga at home with DVDs.. She's been on maintenance for a few years now & has been off medication for a few years now. There are still "those days," but overall she's doing well.
  • harri1990
    harri1990 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey, just to give this a little bump and also to offer support to any fellow chronic fatigue sufferers on here. I have have it since i was 14/15 and i'm now 21. Generally i can live a fairly normal life but I've just suffered a relapse and am slowly getting back on track. Love to all
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have had chronic fatigue syndrome/Epstein-Barr Virus since I was 14. I am 38 now. My fitness is generally the treadmill, walking outside, or stationary bike. I am planning on getting back into Zumba classes soon.