Can you eat like you used to after cleaning up your diet?

Options
_AllieCat_
_AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
Are there any foods that you guys can't eat any longer now that you're eating healthy and counting cals? I don't mean you can't eat them because of diet restrictions, but because if you eat certain things you get a KILLER tummy-ache. I am curious to see if other people are experiencing stomach pain when trying to eat certain unhealthy things like I am.

I can't eat hamburger anymore because of extreme stomach pain. How about you?

Replies

• Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Yep, white bread!

Hurts my tummy and I have also lost the taste for it, it's so bland.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    things that are too salty. suddenly potato chips, and teryiaki sauce dont appeal to me much. :(
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Gotta stay away from anything deep-fried...no more fast food fries for me without paying the consequence.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    White bread, white pasta, and things with too much sugar.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with sweet things after stopping my intense sugar intake. Now, if I eat sugar, that first bite makes me sick.

I also have some issues with other foods but in the opposite way. My brain and my body reacts as though it's missed a lover, and I gorge.

Ugh.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Anything with too much grease. Sausage gives me all kinds of trouble.
  • laken87
    laken87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i bought some mini cupcakes for my mother-in-law's birthday,i ate just one,and thought i was dying. a week with no sugar ,then a cupcake is the worst.
  • only_5mom
    only_5mom Posts: 28
    Options
    Sweets! It tastes too sweet, but if I eat it anyway then I hate myself later, so uncomfortable!
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sugar, fried foods, foods that have a lot of fat. About a month ago I had a piece of chocolate cake--it was so sweet it was disgusting. I didn't enjoy it at all! A few weeks ago I went to a BBQ--I had been really good with my diet so I was going to allow myself to eat whatever I wanted. I had one rib and a small bowl of mac n' cheese, and I was DONE. That was all that I could eat. Yeah, I can't eat like I used to--I get full really quickly and foods with a lot of fat are just too heavy. I don't feel like that when I'm eating lean proteins and veggies. I'm so glad I have no interest in those foods!!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Gotta stay away from anything deep-fried...no more fast food fries for me without paying the consequence.

Same here. Cant handle deep fried foods anymore. They give me a tummy ache :frown:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Food with a lot of added sugar - eg Cake or icing

It gives me a really bad headache!! Puts me off having it again though!
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I don't know what it is but chip shops smell disgusting now. (UK)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a lot of the foods I used to because my body rejects the salt intake. With Fast Food Hamburgers I just feel gross after eating them so unless it is a Checker burger on a high burn day (or breakfast Frisco from Hardees or Arbys on a high burn day). I don't eat it.
    I can no longer eat dove chocolates in quantities I used to and my body hates doritos now.
  • netty1959
    netty1959 Posts: 46
    Options
    white bread doesnt taste of anything to me now, i also have a few chocolates the other day the tasted far too sweet for me now, didn't enjoy them at all
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I always wondered if this would happen to me, but it never did. Healthy food tastes/feels great and junk food tastes/feels great. I pretty much feel the same, no matter what I eat - with the exception of broccoli (makes my stomach hurt) and high protein/low carb (headaches, constipation, low energy).
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Before: a day would be pot of coffee would also include French Vanilla creamer (I went through a lg container in a week) and Hot cocoa mix ( a box a week) plus a gallon of sweet tea with 1 3/4 cup sugar

Now I drink mostly water. 1 lg cup of coffee with sugar free syrups and plain creamer and tea has 1/2 cup of sugar per gallon.

I can't drink "sweet" tea and the frappes, lattes, and iced coffees I loved so much, make me ill for at least a day.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    it could be age, but I can no longer eat dishes made with huge amounts of fat, cream or butter. Some members of my family are gourmet cooks who are fairly indifferent to health and occasionally they cook things that are impossible for me to digest. I think they once made foie gras wrapped in bacon or maybe they fried it.
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Processed foods tastes so salty to me now. I always have loved salt and still do but i guess not in the amounts I used too. I had a half of chick fil a sandwich yesterday and it was so salty I threw the rest away.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nothing heavy, nothing processed. It all tastes gross and makes me feel the same.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Nothing bothers me.