Calves, Butt and Upper Abs

Options
Ok MFP peeps I am looking for some new exercises that I can do at home that will produce results in the area of calves, butt and upper abs that I can add to my AT HOME work out as I do not belong to a gym. I have lost the weight, and now I am looking to really tone up, and these are the areas that I want to see improvement in! I wanna be bikini ready for the summer :wink: Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you all may have to offer.
Ps. I am already doing squats, lunges and crunches.

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Are you doing those exercises with weights, weights will make all the difference.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    Are you doing those exercises with weights, weights will make all the difference.
    Nope not using weights...
    What do you suggest?
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Bump I would like to know as well.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Nope not using weights...
    What do you suggest?

For calves, calf raises with a dumbbell work well. You could do it on a staircase. On a low step, hold the railing in one hand, a dumbbell in the other. Raise and lower your calf. Switch legs. You could also use a sturdy low step. Look up the exercise.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I have just stated lifting heavy (for me at least LOL) I find a massive difference between squats and such with weights and without. Without didn't seem worth doing.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Planks, Side Planks, Mountain Climbers, Side Leg Pulls, Toe Raises, Wall Sits, Marines

Check out a pilates DVD from your library or watch a pilates exercise show online.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell is nice for at home
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs at your place? Run up and down them for 20 - 30 minutes. I swear to jebus my calves were painfully sore for about 4 days +. That also works the back of your legs and butt.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Calves- Do heel raises off of a step or large book. If you don't have weights hold soup cans or milk jugs.

Butt - cook hip lift, hip hike with leg extension, kneeling kick back, standing leg raises, clam shell

Upper Abs - planks do as many as you can , hold for as long as you can. I think crunches are bad for your spine so I don't do them.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    squats for the booty, plank for the abs (do one minute, rest one minute, repeat as many times as you can!) and for calves, i stand on a stair with my heels hanging off the edge and lift up onto my toes. i can do about 50 reps of this before i keel over, but play around with it!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    abs-leg lifts, reverse crunch

butt--lie on stomach lift hands and feet off floor, pulse heels toward one another (in and out motion while balancing on your stomach with arms/legs off floor)

calves--^^ what they said :)
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    For calves and butt, leg lifts with a twist!!!! Take a 5 pound dumbbell and place it behind your knee, then do 20 reps. Try to do this fast as the dumbbell can sometimes slip from behind the knee. After 20 reps, switch legs. Do as many sets as you like!!! It works, trust me on this. For the abs, hold a 5 - 10 pound dumbbell in each hand, and raise to your waist. Twist from side to side with the weights, and as you twist throw a punch with the opposite hand e.g. twist left, throw punch with right hand. Do 20 - 50 reps, depending on how many your body can hold as your arms do get tired after a while.

These exercises work for me, along with kickboxing, so maybe you could give these a try!!! :happy: