knee buckles..thoughts?

Options
Hezzietiger1
Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
Anyone else have an issue with their knee buckling? Usually it happens for me when I'm running on unstable ground like grass or when I am doing something that involves jumping into a squat, like gate squats or side stepping a bosu ball. Any suggestions on what to wear on my knee to protect it?

Thursday night during my softball game I was playing center field and my right knee buckled, I fell... and now its swollen, super sore, and pretty unstable. The swelling is mostly behind the knee and on the right side.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Heather

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Best bet, go see your doctor and get it properly assessed. Knees are nothing to just ignore and keep pushing through on.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Best bet, go see your doctor and get it properly assessed. Knees are nothing to just ignore and keep pushing through on.

+1
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OR, See a physiotherapist! They will be able to treat and give you exercises specifically for knee healing and strengthening!
  • dmmont38
    dmmont38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will agree with the Doctor idea, take if from me I've had 9 knee surgeries including a partial knee replacement and two full knee replacements on the same knee. The last thing you want is to end up in the operating table. Long recovery and you are never the same again. Better get yourself checked.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I had a miniscus tear a few years ago and had that surgically repaired in the same knee. When I was heavier, I had a lot of trouble on that knee and 2 doctors just diagnosed it as patella tendon damage, told me to wear a lat strap, use aleve, and ice. And, I do those things. When I first started working out, my trainer had me focused on exercises that will specifically help in building and healing the knee. And, other than this weird buckling.. I haven't had any trouble with it. I feel it improving since Thursday, less pain, less swelling. I'm just looking to see if anyone suggests a particular, sleeve or brace or strap I can wear to prevent the buckling.

Frustrated.. cuz a had a lower back muscle injury a few months ago that I've finally worked out! Now, something knew. Blah.