Amazing Oatmeal raison cookies! ...

Options
I found this low-cal cookie recipe online, and tweaked it to my liking (as I always do). It turned out AMAZING! OMG, these cookies are SO GOOD!

I used a little 50ml trial size bottle of Red Stag Black Cherry flavoured Bourbon Whiskey that came with my hubby's regular bottle of Whiskey to soak the raisins in. My raisins were a little dry, so I used the whole (little) bottle rather than just the 2 tbsp. recomended.

Also, instead of using both brown sugar and white sugar, I used just GOLDEN sugar (my favorite type of brown sugar to use for baking).

This batch made 51 decent sized cookies, and at my calculations for the EXACT brands of ingredients that I used that makes each cookie approx. 79 calories each. I had 2, fresh out of the oven. YUM!!!

Enjoy!

Low-Cal Oatmeal Cookies

• 2/3 cup raisins
• 2 tablespoons whiskey or rum (can be substituted with water)
• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1/4 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
• 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg white
• 1/4 cup milk
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 cups oats (not instant)

Directions

1. Set the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Sprinkle the whiskey or rum over the raisins in a bowl and let stand while you put the batter together.
3. In a bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through. Beat in the egg and egg white, milk, and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; add to the bowl, and beat just until the flour is absorbed. Gently fold in the oats and raisins with a rubber scraper.
5. Use 2 spoons to scoop out the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
6. Bake until the cookies are set but still soft in the centers, and beginning to brown on the edges, 15 - 17 minutes, or until golden.
7. Let cool on a wire rack.

Replies

• yummymommy78
    Options
    *Oatmeal Raisin*

I can spell, really. LOL!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    what size cookies did you ended up with?
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    LOVE Oatmeal raison cookies! Thanks for sharing!:happy:
  • mom0teag
    mom0teag Posts: 3
    Options
    mmmm, love oatmeal raisin. thanks.
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    what size cookies did you ended up with?

My 51 cookies are all around 3 inches in diameter, some a little bigger.
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    These cookies are seriously so yummy it's taking every bit of my willpower not to eat a whole bunch! Even my kids, who (strangely) do not like raisins, LOVED eating the batter off the beatters, spoons, etc.! LOL!

I'm sure they'd be GREAT without it, but I really think the Black Cherry Bourbon totally made these cookies. I'm seriously going to go buy a full size bottle ... and hide it from my hubby ... just to use for baking!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    bump for recipe x thank you x
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    Oh, ai forgot to mention that when I used the full 50 ml bottle, I let the raisins soak overnight, not just while I prepared the batter ... that was because my raisins were so dry when I pulled them out of the cupboard. So just be aware when/if you make them, you might end up with liquidy cookies if you use athat much Bourbon and only let them soak for a short time.

;o)
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    These sound fantastic, thanks for sharing the recipe :)
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing!
  • maiibeloved41
    Options
    bump - sounds good