Hi!

Options
Hi folks, my name is Kelly. I have been using MFP for about 2 1/2 months now, to great success I might add! 30+ pounds lost! I swore up and down that I would complete a food diary, fat chance of that! A friend of mine show me MFP, and I realized I was lying to myself about my caloric intake! It is just fantastic! I eat cleaner because I actively seek more substantial meals and snacks.

The funny thing about this is, I am active, I even teach interval fitness training classes, spin, body weight resistance class, and I told folks that my diet was terrible, don't do as I do cause I'm doing something wrong... Well, even with the 30 lbs gone still about 30 more to go, my class numbers have increased. I think mainly because as a fitness instructor people take you more seriously and they want a bit of that weight loss too. So thank you folks at MFP for making caloric intake recording a joy!

I am also a disabled combat veteran, and my body doesn't hurt like like it used to, I have less weight to pack around now. I'm not done losing so I imagine I will feel even better! Med free I might add! Always have been, against VA's pain med advice... Ok I won't go there... >: (

Also great big thanks to my wonderful wife! She mad a comment when she saw a picture of me while serving in the military in North Africa, see I'm 6'3" and the picture was taken of me at 215lbs. So her comment was, "Where was I when you looked like that?" I took that comment for what it was worth, looked at that photo of me and said that guy is coming back with a vengeance! She won't know what to do with herself when i get there. :) She and I love to inspire others and to help folk get healthy, our bodies are God's temple and we should all take care of them as such. Yes even me the big eater, even though 265lbs didn't look all that terrible on a guy of that height but I do know my health is better for sure!

I have much more energy, I feel great, I feel more confident, I'm not so angry at myself for letting my body go to the dumps, and my wife is happier. I do look a tad better but that part is only for my wife, because her opinion matters to me the most.

If I can do this, anyone can! Good luck folks! God be with you!

Kelly

Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Insperational! Congrats to you!
  • Kelly502
    Kelly502 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks! I have lost nearly 50lbs now, I don't even look the same anymore! I can run without my shirt!! WOOHOO!! I have ribs, and abs! Still a bit more to go so amazing! MFP made it so easy! I didn't realize how much I ate before.