Wii fit step and riser = ?calories?

Options
tarnbop
tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
I have a wii fit, but as it wasn't that strenuous,I bought a riser. This is a contraption that raises it further off the floor, but the wii doesn't realise...

I am having trouble calculating the calories. It's double the height now, so I doubled the calories burned, but I think that may be a bit high...

What do other people do when guestimating exercise calories?!

(It's about 4 inches off the floor now, so there's not even a step aerobics that would count)

Replies

• DarkPriestess66
    Options
    well i have a Wii fit board too, but I burn the same amount of calories when I do 30 mins but it lower when I add it into the track recorder. I wouldn't bother trying to figure it out, i think it would only lead to a headache, but I may have to look into getting one of those.
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking into getting a riser for my wii fit board as well. I love the free step option! I suppose you could record it in your log as "aerobics, low impact" or '"aerobics, general." It depends on how strenuous you feel the exercise was. Generally, I record it as low impact aerobics and do it with some 3 lb. weights to help get my heart rate up. Hope this helps :smile:
  • tarnbop
    tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks both- didn't think of generic aerobics- I've always searched for step and the lowest is 6-8inch, so that would be majorly cheating!!

Definitely get a wii fit riser, they make a difference, but obv not as much as a larger step... Mine can be a bit wobbly, but it's meant to be the best one on the market- I did a lot of research lol. Message me if you want the details (don't think I can put it on here as it's classed as advertising...)