Grilled veggies

Options
SorchaRavenlock
SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
I'm thinking of grilling some veggies on my George Foreman grill, which I've never really done before. :blushing:

Which veggies are nice for grilling? I like most veg except for any type of peppers.
And should I do anything else to them besides cutting them up? Should I marinate them or rub them in with herbs/spices?

Any ideas and recipes will be much appreciated.

Replies

• AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think grilled zucchini is delicious as well as some grilled potatoes (par boiled)

Just rub em up with whatever spices ya like.

Maybe other types of squash too! Onions and maybe mushrooms as well
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ryonyanko.

I found some recipes online but they were all very heavy on the olive oil, adding lots of calories. Perhaps simply leaving out the oil or lightly spraying them with spray oil might help?
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ryonyanko.

I found some recipes online but they were all very heavy on the olive oil, adding lots of calories. Perhaps simply leaving out the oil or lightly spraying them with spray oil might help?

Probably cut the olive oil down by a lot in the recipes, but not all of it. Adds some flavor and its a good oil. You could use non stick spray for the actual Forman grill and just slightly brush the veggies with the oil for the cooking process, if you don't use any it will burn really easy !