Sugar, Splenda or Raw Sugar

Options
Hello everyone, I am new to this part of the site ( i usually just track my food and weight) and i am glad i found it. I have a question, right now i am 182 5'9 and I am on a good role so far but I one weakness sweets. It does not have to be candy, anything sweet, i usually just make a small bowl of oatmeal (sometimes cereal) and add raw sugar to it. I recently spoke to my nutritionist and she told me stop putting sugar or anything on it, to eat it plain. Is sugar bad for you? Which is the best/worst. I am lost on this, I eat fairly clean and even on my cheat day i still do not bust my calories (1320) a day. Just at a lost over the sugar...

Replies

• kdiment
    kdiment Posts: 31
    Options
    I've been eating Truvia instead of sugar and only eating "good" (fruit, whole grains, etc.) sugars, for the most part. If I need to make anything sweeter, I use the Truvia. It's supposedly natural.

Good sugars include fruits, sugars in whole grains, etc.

I don't eat white bread, white rice, white pasta or refined sugars, if I can help it.
  • naiils
    naiils Posts: 20
    Options
    Have you tried Natvia? It's the only 100% natural sweetener & only 0.6 calories per serve.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is simply my opinion but unless you're diabetic or missing out on protein from sugar calories I say it doesn't matter. If you are, substituting Stevia is a good option.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't diabetic, sugar doesn't matter. As long as you stick to your calories, you'll be fine.