Fitness buddies!

Options
I would love to have some fitness buddies. I've been TRYING so hard to lose this weight, and It's such a struggle. I started off strong last summer and lost a good amount of weight. I had and still have a lot of stress in my life, and this has caused my weight to go up and down. I find it so hard to eat right and exercise when I'm stressed! I know that I will feel better if I do. I know this, but I can't seem to move from the couch when stressed!

I want this more than anything. I really do. I think what could be holding me back is not knowing what I'm doing or not doing. I'm not that great at counting calories, because I simply don't understand what it all means. I workout, but is it enough? Is it challenging enough? I doubt myself all the time. I'd love some tips/advice and just to make some good friends.

This journey has been rough. I spent a lot of it alone and with very little support. I love mfp cause it seems like there is some amazing people on this site! ; )

Replies

• _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. I'm a runner (3-4 X/wk) and training for my first half marathon. I joined to get fit again! Happy to be supportive!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hi hun. Slow and steady is the way to go. Alot of ppl try and rush the weightloss and want results straight away.....these people usually put it back on faster than they lost it. patience is a virtue. Aim for 400- 600grms a week. Its still a loss and something to be proud of. Dont doubt yourself hun. We all have good and bad days. Bad days are just obstacles that make us stronger and they are just small mistakes that we learn from. Stay positive. I'll go and add you now xx
  • s41e6
    s41e6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Let's first work on a calorie goal for you. Calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) this is roughly the amount of calories you spend just staying alive. There are many places online that will help you figure that out, there's probably a tool here on MFP. From there you need to consider how active you are, how often you exercise, etc. If you're really active you'll want to eat a good bit higher than your BMR. If you're sedentary, you'll probably want your calories to be closer to your BMR. If you eat significantly below your BMR your metabolism may become resistant. Once you set a daily calorie goal, you'll likely have to play around to find the happy medium where you're eating enough to feel satisfied and still seeing the scale come down, slowly but surely.

With regard to exercise, it doesn't have to be 'good enough'. It's not like it doesn't count because you walked 29 minutes instead of 30. Any physical activity is good and will burn calories faster than laying in bed or sitting on the sofa.

Good luck to you!
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    I just started on here this month, and I have a LOT to lose. I have been out walking now 10 days in a row, and it feels good... not like I am punishing myself, but I take the (almost) hour that I walk to think, listen to some kickin' tunes, and to just have that time for me. MFP has really helped with my tracking food and excercise. Feel free to add me. I'd love the extra support!