Will I still lose fat?

Options
Will I still lose fat if I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, and exercise a lot? I'm talking about A LOT of vegetables and fruit.

Replies

• cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You should as long as you stay away from starchy fruits and vegetables, like bananas and potatoes.
  • s41e6
    s41e6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Are you 12? Sure, any time you eliminate most foods and then exercise a lot you'll see a loss on the scale. But, it won't be just fat you'll lose.
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a nutrionist that is what helped me lose a hundred pounds I have more to lose. I learned that [ortion size and to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I drink tea at ;east once a day.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters in weight loss is eating a constant caloric deficit.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    remember MOST fruit and veggies DOn't have fat so you will definitely lose, everything in moderation is best.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    There's alot more to it than just that. Generally if you're at a calorie deficit you'll lose something. However if you eat too little and exercise too much your success will only be temporary. Seek a more nutritionally rich diet that can sustain a healthy deficit of calories and you'll see results. However, possibly too slow to your liking, but it's success nonetheless.

Also, I'd like to add that fat is not evil. Some are healthy, some are bad. Try not to avoid them all together as your body requires a minimum amount to sustain certain functions
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Are you 12? Sure, any time you eliminate most foods and then exercise a lot you'll see a loss on the scale. But, it won't be just fat you'll lose.

Is it necessary to be derogatary??? That was rude and ignorant.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    remember MOST fruit and veggies DOn't have fat so you will definitely lose, everything in moderation is best.
    Carbs don't have fat either, but eating a high volume can deter fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If your consumption of fruits and vegetables exceed your target calorie restriction, you won't lose anything.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You should as long as you stay away from starchy fruits and vegetables, like bananas and potatoes.

??
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie goal. It is definitely possible to go over your calorie goal eating veggies depending on how they are prepared. But, you need some protein and fat in your diet too. If you are vegetarian or vegan, make sure you are eating beans and whole grains to ensure you get all of the essential amino acids needed to maintain muscle mass.
  • melanielupien
    melanielupien Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Did you need to ask... are you 12? I found it very rude. There are no stupid questions on here, we are all here for the same reason... to get healthy. By being rude, that does not help, it just makes you ignorant. If you do not have anything nice to say, then do not post.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not even 10 posts in this thread and there's so much terrible information here already :|

http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/

Just read that. Will give you insight as to what you need to do.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Is it necessary to be derogatary??? That was rude and ignorant.

You might be wrong!! It might just have been rude, LOL
  • s41e6
    s41e6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes it was necessary to be derogatOry. This gal opened her foolhearty plan up for criticism. I was neither rude nor ignorant.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Dump the grains and starches, eat lots of dark green leafy veggies and low starch veggies, a moderate amount of fruit, and have some lean protein with every meal - tofu, tempeh, eggs, steak -- whatever you prefer.

Be sure to eat MORE than your BMR amount, and a little LESS than your TDEE.

Look for the Eat More, Weigh Less group for more information.
  • cherryrush
    cherryrush Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes it was necessary to be derogatOry. This gal opened her foolhearty plan up for criticism. I was neither rude nor ignorant.
    Yes you were rude, but I guess that's easy for you since you're not only fat but hideously ugly and old. I hope I don't look as awful as you when I turn 60.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Yes you were rude, but I guess that's easy for you since you're not only fat but hideously ugly and old. I hope I don't look as awful as you when I turn 60.

Good plan, show someone how rude they are by being even ruder than they are! Good job!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    At least 50% of what I eat is fresh fruits and vegetables. It hasn't stopped me from losing.
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options

So according to your logic the only question you can ask is a stupid one? The OP didn't ask for criticism at all, she asked for advice. If you don't have anything nice to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all. It was in no way, shape or form constructive and even if they WERE "12" WHO CARES? At least they are working on creating a healthy lifestyle!