What are your favorite fitness iPhone apps ?

Options
:happy:

Replies

• thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun for walking, hiking, etc. It maps it, tells you your pace/mile. Records the time you spent doing the activity, if you save the sessions and do the same hike or path each time it compares your times and stuff. Will also tell you your calories but if you have an HRM go with that instead. Yesterday I did a 30 minute hike up a canyon trail and back and it had almost 100 calories less on the app then my HRM said. Oh that reminds me it records elevation changes too.

If you plan on doing c25k then I use runkeeper for that. It lets you set up "activities" with timed intervals which is perfect to tell me when to run for 60 seconds and win to walk for 90 seconds. It also lets you add a 5 min warm up and cool down in there which is perfect. It lets you use your music playlist for the music and then will pause the music and tell you 1 min, 2 min, 3 min and when your intervals change and stuff and continue playing your music. It also does the stuff mapmyrun does with the mapping your walk/hike and calories and pace/mile and stuff but calorie wise this app was way off from my HRM and mapmyrun so I use both. Oooh one thing about this one also is that it will break down your stats for each of the intervals you created and tell you how many min/mile speed wise you went for each interval.
  • jennabo1
    jennabo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MFP (obviously) for tracking food and Endomondo for tracking distance when I walk/jog outside.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy. Also Fitocracy.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Bump. I use MFP, but would like to hear of others.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've got Ease into 5k & Mapmyrun. On my iPod, I have some other exercise ones. I think they're called Daily ### Workout? There's one for arms, butt, abs, and legs. I'd check it to make sure, but my iPod is currently dead. :/
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    MFP
    Runkeeper
    c25kFREE (although I've finished the program - yay!)
    100 Pushups
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club. Nike+ GPS. MFP. Fitocracy.
    Water app. 100 push ups.

But mostly Zombies, Run!
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I second the MapMyRun. Really cool app.
  • madtownjeremy
    madtownjeremy Posts: 249
    Options
    I use MapMyRun and MapMyRide pretty religiously, as well as the MFP app.

When I did C25K I used the podcasts from NHS.UK (available on iTunes), which were fantastic. You just download a podcast for that week and Laura the host takes you through your run; when to start, when to stop...and the music wasn't half-bad either. All for the low low price of FREE. :)
  • SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run!

BEST RUNNING APP. EVER.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Runtastic...love it
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    MFP, 100 pushups, nike+ gps (for walking outside), round timer (for boxing practice/heavy bag) and my P90X app.
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    Zombies, Run!

BEST RUNNING APP. EVER.

I've seen this. It's really that good? Doesn't Get gimmicky?
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy.

Hands down the best workout app I've ever come across.

Also: mapmyrun for hikes/bike rides/walks and mfp for nutrition when I'm not at a computer. Stronglifts is also pretty good if you are doing that program.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Run Keeper! Feel free to add me to your street team :)
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use the Daily workouts apps ( arm, butt, leg and total workouts) and you can get them free
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run?!
    Must.Look.Up.

Because if it is what I think it could be, that's freakin awesome.
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    iSmoothRun. Bonzo great.