What don't I lose more

Options
I have been with this website since March 24, having lost about 6 pounds.

What confuses me about the amount I have lost, is I know my calories before MFP were well over 2000, maybe even close to 3000 some days.

Now I average a healthy 1300 per day and the weight is slow to come off. I figured with that much less intake I would lose a lot or is my body thinking it is starving and hanging on to all it can???

I am not losing the inches either.

I want to kick start my body and need advice please.

Karen.

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    I have been with this website since March 24, having lost about 6 pounds.

What confuses me about the amount I have lost, is I know my calories before MFP were well over 2000, maybe even close to 3000 some days.

Now I average a healthy 1300 per day and the weight is slow to come off. I figured with that much less intake I would lose a lot or is my body thinking it is starving and hanging on to all it can???

I am not losing the inches either.

I want to kick start my body and need advice please.

Karen.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is good in that amount of time. 3500 calories equals a pound so if you are eating 500 calories a day less than you burn then you will lose 1 lb a week. Since you are probably eating 1000 less that is why you have averaged about 2lbs. I know this process seems slow but that is the way to do it. That is also the way to keep it off. Congratulations on your 6 lbs and if you are making this a lifestyle change, more is sure to follow.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is great, I have lost 8 since march, yes I wish it was more, but remember, your body goes into a shock for weight loss, you didn't oput it on over night so you can't take it off the same way...

You will be fine......
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    6 is great but your body then says "HEY MAN!!!! WHAT"S GOING ON????" It holds on to its own resources and wants to keep them around(the fat) for a rainy day(I read that its your human nature that does this because of days of famine it had fat to eat off your body" the plateau is a pain in the you know where I am in one right now I haven't dropped in almost a month and I have been but kicking inb my workouts. You also need to eat more than 1300 calories, you need to find that balance. In the beginning less is better to get your body used to the idea but after it becomes accostemd to that exercise you must FEED that exercise, if it doesn't have food to use with the fat for fuel it will hang on tro what it has and maybe then some...
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is great! Look at me. On here since like January and I haven't lost anything, gained a 1 lb in fact.

I thinking you are doing great and keep up the good work.