how often to weigh in

Options
bisland
bisland Posts: 245 Member
How often do you weigh your self and log it in on MFP? I am over 50 and weight is very slow to show on the scale. So I sometimes only log every other week that way I can feel more sucesfull

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Once a week which is Sunday.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself weekly.

However, for the next few weeks I'm not going to be weighing myself as I'm having an operation which is involving them pumping me full of gas and I don't want to be discouraged by something that is totally out of my control! Especially when I'll probably be feeling pretty miserable anyway.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I log losses.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Weekly on Sunday morning just before I have anything to eat or drink.
    I try to make it about the same time.
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily but only log it on saturdays.
  • lryans
    lryans Posts: 4
    Options
    I plan to weigh in every 2 weeks... if I lose weight:blushing:
  • Lchaim18
    Lchaim18 Posts: 7
    Options
    At least once a week....but usually more often
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day before and after a workout to make sure that I rehydrate sufficiently. The only measurements that I track for progress are ones that are taken in the morning (after breakfast). I don't record gains in MFP because I know that I am not gaining fat as I am eating at a deficit every day (even when I go over my goals). So, I ignore the fluctuations and just update when the number goes down. Works for me.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh daily but only post (usually) if the weight drops ... If I don't drop for a week or so, I'll go ahead and post a larger number... Has only happened a couple of times. Really, just do what works for you. Many do this weekly... Others daily... Others monthly...

That being said, my trend weights I record at the beginning of each month... That is to say that I assess how I am doing based upon the loss at the beginning of each month...

The shorter term weights are really not very reliable to determine long term trends... This is because of variations in water weight and such... Like I say though... If you feel most comfortable doing it bi-weekly, I'd do it bi-weekly.
  • twk65
    twk65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesdays.
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, to every other day. Mainly to see the fluctiations in my BF pounds and percentage, and my hydration levels. I sorta cheat on the logging, and only log my weight once I've dropped a full pound (about once a week to bi-weekly). So far I've only had about 1-2lb fluctiations, and a steady downtrend.

For the non-bio nerds though, once weekly to biweekly is a good guideline for weigh-ins.
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning. Then I cut back to once weekly. Now I'm trying to only weigh myself on the 1st of every month because I'm a healthy BMI and just trying to lose some vanity fat. Weighing daily, or even weekly, would be too frustrating and consuming for me I think.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly and am taking my measurements monthly.
  • Fairlady1964
    Fairlady1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only post once a week. I have heart problems so I have to watch for fluid retention.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning :)
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Once a week. Although this week is going to be a b$#ch for me I just know it!! :-)
  • MrEyeCandy
    MrEyeCandy Posts: 15
    Options
    Sat am before I eat or drink. Hey tink-889, tell them to use helium and then get on a scale!lol
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and I used to log it whenever it hit a new low, but now I don't. Bodybugg also lets you track progress via a BF% calculated from measurements, which you can only do once every 2 weeks (locks you out from doing it more frequently), and so now I just log when I do all the measurements every other weekend.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning.

Me too!