NSV - First 5k today

Options
Sindari
Sindari Posts: 39 Member
Did my first ever 5k race today to benefit SmileTrain (at the prodding of my triathlete coworker!). I was amazed at the energy at the event. Something else I wasn't prepared for was the effect of the volunteers clapping and cheering for us as we ran past. It was an amazing experience that I hope to repeat soon! My feet are killing me, my stomach still ain't right and I've got a headache but....

NO WALKING and my official time was 34:53. :] I'll take that.

My DH was there to cheer me on and get a couple pictures, and I rewarded myself with a trip to visit a special horse, and some awesome pizza. And then.... I raided the UnderArmor outlet and got some sexy new running Adidas!

Never thought I'd go from being a sedentary Warcraft player to running a 5k. What a feeling! Couch to 5k and MFP for the win!!!

Replies

• Homa24
    Homa24 Posts: 33
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats on a great time!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Love the NSVs!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great work :)
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! C25K and MFP all the way for me too! :)
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! i hope to be in your position a couple of months from now :)
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's great, can't wait to do my first 5K on the road!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!