Girls, a time of the month question?

Options
How much of a "gain" do you do you see on the scale when you are on your period?

Or do you gain at all?

I gain around 10 pounds on my period. Whenever I see it, it freaks me out, even though it goes right back down afterwards haha. Just curious if that happens to others to this extent?

Replies

• tarobuddi
    tarobuddi Posts: 6
    Options
    10 pounds? Dang. I don't check the scale much, but i'm pretty sure I have a few pounds on me esp. after I eat, but it goes away thankfully
  • scjackson23
    scjackson23 Posts: 10
    Options
    A couple of pounds for me but I bloat BAD. No skinny jeans for me.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    About 5 pounds, and it seems like it happens overnight!:grumble:
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    lol now I learned something...
    Girls gain weight during their menstrual cycle..
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've actually never noticed a huge fluctuation during my period. Not any more than every other week, depending what I eat, etc.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've gained like four pounds in the past two weeks, and I'm hoping to be able to blame it on TOM... we'll find out in another couple days!

But yeah, definitely some weight gain during. :sad:
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    wow 10 is a lot...

are you hydrating more than usual and watching the sodium right before TOM hits?

that should help a bit (high fiber and exercise too), but still 10? That's quite impressive.. i bet if you ask your mom she'd say she experiences(ed) similar too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    2-3 before my period.
    2-3 when I ovulate(d).
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself a long time ago during that time. XD It could be up around 5 pounds.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    About 2 or 3 pounds at the most. Usually I will just plateau for two weeks then lose again. It's odd.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    2-5 pounds for me
  • Precious75134
    Precious75134 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lbs this time the week before my cycle...I was really bloated and still is...I usually am stuck for two week which only leave two weeks out of the month to lose weight....That sucks so much...Does anyone know what to do about the bloating...I try to drink more water during that time, watch my sodium more and eat a little bit less...
  • truellaDevine
    truellaDevine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i usually see a gain of 0-5lbs. But it goes back to "normal" shortly after its done.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Don't bother weighing myself, because I'm sure it isn't a pretty number, but I bloat pretty badly. Never used to, before I had a baby. I had great periods with no bloat, no weight gain, no nothing. Stupid post-birthing hormones.. Nature, I suffered for so little tangible reward; ya effed that one up.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    10Ibs is an awful lot though :wink:
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    oh easily 8+ lbs.. (4kg ish) and that weight can stay around for up to 3 days after ive finished..
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am the same 8lb +, it comes about 2 days before and goes up and down for a week then down two days after. I don't bother weighing myself anymore because I already feel like S*it.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    ...lets see i weighed 197..and then as i got closer and closer it went up and up tooooo 201 and that was in two days i know i didnt gain that much in two days..and todays it been between 199 and 200..

ugh i can just feel myself get bloated now..it sucks
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I was at my higher weight, I put on a good 5-10 lbs. Now I only gain 3-4.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Abt 5 lbs give or take