Hello! Embarking on my weight loss journey

Options
kallston89
kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
Hi MFP!!
My name is Kenyette and I have finally had an "aha" moment when I saw pictures from my sons 4th birthday party. I am 23 and my son is now 4. I gained about 50 lbs during my pregnancy and only lost 20 of it post partum. Sadly, over the past 4 years, I have put on more and more weight. I try to ignore it and avoid taking pictures so I wouldn't have to face the fact that I was really letting my weight get out of hand.

My average weight was 180 and I weighed that in high school and in college. I had a few financial set backs that led me into a slight depression and I turned to food for comfort. Things have turned around for me but I still find myself eating when I'm stressed, when I'm bored, when I'm sleepy, when I'm feeling fully awake.. Basically I eat just because I have a mouth. Lol

I stepped on the scale yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when the digital display read 243! This is the heaviest I have ever been. I have tried a few diets pills and even hit the gym a few times in the past but never committed to it. The weight just keeps adding on.

I have finally reached a point where I have decided that I must lose weight to get my body healthy and raise my self esteem. I find myself wearing mostly sweat pants and really large shirts to hide the fact that I am uncomfortable in my own skin. When walking around the store my thighs start burning and I am out of breat walking up the stairs at home. This is unacceptable! I have a very energetic 4 year old and I want to be able to play with him without panting and being short of breath.

So please support me in my weight loss journey and in turn I will support you! With the right motivation and by remaining consistent I can shed these lbs. please feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to everyone.

Sw: 235.2
Cw: 243
Gw: 165

Replies

• leeluchickenbruce
    leeluchickenbruce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done on being so honest! Please add me as a friend and we can support each other!
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    You can do this!! You can also add me and I would love to help encourage you!
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I, too, have been in denial about my weight creeping up. I just started MFP about a week ago and I love it so far. The community here is amazing and supportive. If you want this, you can do it! I would be happy to be part of your support network :)
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all of your support!
  • e2west
    e2west Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome!!! :smile: I'm sure your going to do great!!! Remember baby steps and take one day at a time. LOL Even though I'm still learning it myself. Wish you luck!
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this site is amazing, so easy to follow with amazing support. I am sending you a friend request so please feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • rubysanta6459
    rubysanta6459 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Kenyette...Im Ruby, Im over 50 and I had the same Ahaa moment. Im 5 foot 3 and way over my targeted weight. Im self-motivated,but I'm looking for a little support. Im not afraid to give a little motivation and support back. Please feel free to add me...