What do you actually need/use in your house/apartment?

Options
Heatherbelle_87
Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
So I lived blissfully alone and single until the whirlwind that left me a single mom. BUT By April of next year I will be in my own place (just me and my son) for the first time since shortly before he was born.

I'm covered on the BIG items (furniture) and I know the basic kitchen stuff, but the last time I did this I was single and couldn't care less how I blew my money, I had 2 sets of dishes, 2 sets of silverwear, god only knows how many cups/glasses, furniture for a 3 bedroom house, ect. Now I'm pretty much back to square one!

What do you actually USE in your homes? What furniture would you go without in a smaller place? What sits in your kitchen unused and you wish you hadnt wasted the money on?

Replies

• childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In my kitchen I use my crock pot a lot. I'm also a single mother and it makes things so much easier! I wish I hadn't bought the blender or the juicer since they just sit in my cupboard. I just bought a confection toaster oven and it does so much at a cheaper cost than my gas stove, it made my regular toaster and my oven untouched.

In my living room I got rid of the coffee table. My apartment is small and Kane fell on it once so it was gone. Now that he is older, if we are doing something in the living room that we need a table I use inexpensive TV trays. They fold up and can be put under my couch or in the closet which is a huge space saver. I had to put my computer desk and stuff in my living room so what made this room work was that I put my TV on the wall. That freed up tons of space so I was able to keep my couch loveseat and captain chair that I still love and didn't want to break up since they are all a matching set. I also made creative shelving to save space. Candles, books, pictures, anything knick-knack gets put on those which eliminated the need for a million side tables in the room.