feel proud - last night

Options
toshie333
toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
this may not seem a big deal for most but i had an india last night for the first time in 5 years. i usually stay away from it like the plague as it was always so high in points on weight watchers which i had been on for 5 years before i moved to here 4 weeks ago.

I went to the gym in the morning for hour and a half, burnt 700 cals. i had 2 protein shakes and a light lunch of 200 cals.
i walked to the train (15 min) walked into town (15 min) had my indian with family.
instead of gorging like i used to i had what i wanted but... i picked the chicken out of the tikka masala (no spoonfuls of the creamy sauce!) had 1/3 of the pilau rice, 1/3 of a naan bread. this is she who would easily be able to eat all of each portion. so im proud that i enjoyed a meal and didnt feel i had to eat it all (someone else finished it for me anyways) and to top it off we walked back to train and then to home too.
I think im just seeing it as a totally different appoach. i have tried to capture it in cals on mfp and i think i would come in on target but i know i have made a good effort to earn that meal.
I feel a successful evening.

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    good stuff. a long term healthier lifestyle is not about removing things from your diet that you enjoy, completely. although i must say that you're clearly dedicated to eradicate such delish food from your plate for so long! welcome to MFP. and welcome to enjoying everything in moderation.
  • emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Last night I had my sister stay over and we had bought lots of treats (very naughty of us!) but I was really happy that, before I started digging in like I normally would, I actually took a minute to think about whether I wanted to eat the chocolates and I decided I didn't!

I think we need to celebrate the small victories :smile:
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i had an india last night for the first time in 5 years

ir5daf.png

:flowerforyou:

In all seriousness, I'm glad that you had a successful evening!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    mmmm my evening was the opposite! had a great meal of viscose salad, then ate half a dessert - unfortunately the damage was done when i came home and ate a bag of candy...... ggrrrr back to the gym today :(