Begone Fat!

Options
Hello MFP people!!!! My name is Sarah & to be forward with you, I'm tired of being fat. I am one of those people who have been fat throughout their life. I've never really gained a significant amount of weight at once, but through the years I'd add on like 3 pounds. I've maintained an unhealthy weight. I'm a truly active individual, I love most things outdoor and playing basketball is one of the things I love doing most. But at my current weight (260 lbs) you could probably figure I can not play as effectively as I wish. This is one of the reasons I really want to lose weight. Another reason is I can't succeed in relationships with this weight on me. There are wonderful guys who really like me for me, but I continue to put up a wall because I find my body unattractive so I think they should too. I initially would like to reach and stay in the range of 145lbs -155. I'm tired of failed diets and so far I really like MFP, I am very determined this year to get the weight off for me, my health, and my active and social life. I want to see how I would look under 200 lbs. (That's me on the left by the way). I thank you for reading this, and hope you can help me on my journey to lose these extra 100 lbs.

Replies

• kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome to MFP. This is a great place for weight loss tools and amazing support. I am new here too, having joined this week. I am happy to provide you with lots of support. Good luck. Sending you a friend request now.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

If your initial info from MFP gave you 1200 calories to eat and you feel thats just insane, check this out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • JessicaJoy723
    JessicaJoy723 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I totally can relate with the relationship aspect. I feel like if I don't like myself than how could you possibly like me and find my body attractive. I've had two children who gave me lots a my mommy tiger stripes and a c section scar...its just really hard to take a compliment and it can really mess with your head. I've only been on this site a few days and everyone is so nice and encouraging. We can do this! : )
  • Cindyreu
    Cindyreu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sarah, welcome! I am pretty new to this also but have really been enjoying using MFP. I like glancing through the forums to see things that might help me in my journey. My daughter is going through this journey too and you remind me of her. I want her to succeed also. I will definitely be pulling for you in this journey. I wish you much success.

I use a website called Pinterest to collect recipes and have expanded my healthy cooking options that way. You can find all sorts of things there.

MFP has really helped me to be aware of the calories that I am taking in and helps me to make better choices.

Good luck!
  • beautypersonified
    beautypersonified Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome to MFP. This is a great place for weight loss tools and amazing support. I am new here too, having joined this week. I am happy to provide you with lots of support. Good luck. Sending you a friend request now.

Thanks! I really hope this works. Something about this time really seems real to me. It'll be very cool to go through this with others.
  • beautypersonified
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

If your initial info from MFP gave you 1200 calories to eat and you feel thats just insane, check this out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

It's given me 1450, and I find that kind of attainable. My problem has never been eating too much, it has been not eating enough and eating too much of the bad foods in large proportions!

And thanks for the information!!!
  • beautypersonified
    Options
    Hello! I totally can relate with the relationship aspect. I feel like if I don't like myself than how could you possibly like me and find my body attractive. I've had two children who gave me lots a my mommy tiger stripes and a c section scar...its just really hard to take a compliment and it can really mess with your head. I've only been on this site a few days and everyone is so nice and encouraging. We can do this! : )

Yes...SO this weight loss is also for mental health as well. I think the support here will make it easier.
  • beautypersonified
    Options
    Sarah, welcome! I am pretty new to this also but have really been enjoying using MFP. I like glancing through the forums to see things that might help me in my journey. My daughter is going through this journey too and you remind me of her. I want her to succeed also. I will definitely be pulling for you in this journey. I wish you much success.

I use a website called Pinterest to collect recipes and have expanded my healthy cooking options that way. You can find all sorts of things there.

MFP has really helped me to be aware of the calories that I am taking in and helps me to make better choices.

Good luck!

Thank you so much!!! We all can do it! I've started like 3 days ago in seriousness but I always forget to log my meals and exercise. LOL I am counting calories though and I feel better.