I need buff men!!

Options
Ok, so now I have your attention...

I'm looking for some built friends to help me achieve the same really. I have lost about 5 (70lbs) stone since last autumn and now weigh in at about 15 1/2 stone (214lbs). I still have about 3 stone I would like to lose.

I would like to start putting on some muscle and toning up a bit, and while I have seen the PT at the gym to start me off with a training routine, I would like a few friends on here that have done the same to help me with the nutritional side as I'm totally new to all this.

So if you're a bit of a beefcake with a bit of time on your hand and won't get upset with the stupid questions I'm likely to ask, then I would very much like to hear from you :) Consider me your pet project!! I'm determined to do this and will put the time in as required. I don't want to waste any ones time here.

I look forward to hearing form you peeps

Andy
UK

Replies

• LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    LOL don't we all? :laugh:

*goes to actually read topic*
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    LOL don't we all? :laugh:

*goes to actually read topic*

Hahaha...dirty girl!!! I'm hoping to become one ;)
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you know that there are women on here actively building muscle too right? :) just saying!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Eat 3g protein per kilo of bw every day, high carb on lifting days, low carb on rest days, and eat 3-500 calories more on days that you lift than on days that you don't.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    you know that there are women on here actively building muscle too right? :) just saying!

Yes, but Men and Women bulk differently.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

has a lot of great macros suggestions. First and foremost, ignore what mfp says about macros.

ALWAYZ TO IGNOAR MFP RECOMMENDS
  • Huffdogg
    Options

there is pretty much no difference in the right way to eat.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options

has a lot of great macros suggestions. First and foremost, ignore what mfp says about macros.

Cool website. So far I understand nothing, but it's very colorful and therefore, fun to me.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Andy, I'm a little concerned you might attract some riff-raff with this post and I'm anxious to see you achieve your goal with the help of only the primest of beefcake. To this end, I'm nobly offering to vet any friend requests you might get off the back of this - just send the pics my way and I'll let you know if they're up to scratch. :wink:
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I need buff men too!! albeit for very different reasons :love:
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I agree 100%!
    Also a diet high in protein and carbs.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want
  • arival
    arival Posts: 25
    Options
    first off i am not that big but i have put on some muscle over the year.

training: i advise you to use rep rangest 8-12 and only compound movements (free weights) and i would reccomend a 3 day split, day 1 back and bicep, day 2 legs and day 3 back,bicep and shoulders. as a beginner you don´t really need that many to start with so you could start with 5 sets per bodypart and work your way up to 12 sets like i do

nutrition: well you can build muscle and burn fat at the same time if you haven´t worked out that much in your life but i reccomend 1,5g per pound and to build muscle in the long run you need to eat some more carbs so that might mean a little increase in bodyweight. but you should aim for only 300-500cal over your maintence level

cardio: since you still wanna lose fat i reccomend slow and steady cardio in the morning on empty stomach to keep as much of your muscle gains. 30-45 mins
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i have visible veins on my abs, does that count?
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Andy, I'm a little concerned you might attract some riff-raff with this post and I'm anxious to see you achieve your goal with the help of only the primest of beefcake. To this end, I'm nobly offering to vet any friend requests you might get off the back of this - just send the pics my way and I'll let you know if they're up to scratch. :wink:

I'll do that!! thanks for the very generous offer :D
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

there is pretty much no difference in the right way to eat.

If I want advice on bulking and adding tons of muscle, sorry, I'm going to rather friend guys than girls.
    Just the way it is. just like girls ask to follow girls who lift heavy.

However: I just noticed this is in the food/nutrition group lol. fail
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    I'm curious if you're looking for advice on training, also, or are just trusting what your PT says.

If the latter, I encourage you to use caution with that. PT's are...well, let's just say it's not that hard to become one. There are some great ones, and a ton of others.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    i would reccomend a 3 day split, day 1 back and bicep, day 2 legs and day 3 back,bicep and shoulders. as a beginner you don´t really need that many to start with so you could start with 5 sets per bodypart and work your way up to 12 sets like i do

You've got some dupes and some missing bodyparts in there.
  • arival
    arival Posts: 25
    Options
    lol i meant day 1 chest,tricep and day 2 legs and day 3 back,bicep,shoulders