How would you deal with this?

Options
I had a scotch pie today, the make wasn't in the system and the packaging doesn't have any calorie information on it.

How would you go about adding this into your diary?

Would you just try and find an equivalent scotch pie and hope that they were roughly equal in calories?

Replies

• mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would either find one that seemed similar, or put the separate ingredients in.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    that would be what i would do if you dont have all the ingredients used in the pie ..sounds yummy tho :happy:
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Have you looked it up on the internet to see if the nutional info is online somewhere? If you still can't find any info then yes, find something close. :)
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I would do your best at guessing. I had this happen to me when I went out for a cheat meal and couldn't find the cals anywhere so I guessed my best. find something similar and kinda try to figure cal around that. hope that helps
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually try to see if I can find the most similar alternative. I don't know what's in it, but try typing the specific meat then pie, or use pasty etc. If in doubt, I always go for the one with the higher calories, as I would rather be unknowingly under every so often than over without realising.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually try to see if I can find the most similar alternative. I don't know what's in it, but try typing the specific meat then pie, or use pasty etc. If in doubt, I always go for the one with the higher calories, as I would rather be unknowingly under every so often than over without realising.

This!
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Did you search the MFP food database. There are actually a few varieties of Scotch pie listed in there. Even if you can't find the particular brand you ate if you select one of the ones in the data base you might get a reasonable estimate of how many calories you consumed.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you cannot find it there... I also use calorie king (on line version), Hope to help!!:smooched:
  • miss_believer
    Options
    I hate when I wanna eat something that I cannot log lol. I usually just google a similar food item. I over estimate just a little to be on the safe side.