New Again...sigh...

Options
I'm Amy, MFP helped me lose in the past and I'm back, hoping to avoid being unhealthy about it this time. I'm 5'2" and currently 157.4 with a goal weight of 98 lb.

I'm 35, mommy of four, wife of 18 years to a civilian working in Afghanistan.

At the moment unable to hold down solid food, and have been for about a week. I've been making Shakeology shakes as I had a couple of boxes of them on hand. I'm thinking I'm going to do a 90 day green juice/smoothie fast. My hsuband will be home on R&R in September and I'd like to be healthier and able to eat by then,

I am waiting for thyroid testing to come back at the moment. I have very high cholesterol due to genetics, not diet, and I had a minor heart attack in March. I'm fairly active; I homeschool three of our kiddos (though we're rarely actually home for school), our youngest daughter has autism and keeps me on my toes, I have an active social life though I've kind of dropped off the face of the earth and even <gasp>....deleted my facebook account in the past week. I don't have any lifestyle risk factors, I've never smoked, I don't drink as nearly as often as I should, lol. I don't fry anything, I used to teach nutrition to low income familes, so I know what I'm doing in the kitchen, and I'm a darn good cook. I'm hoping that getting my weight down, way down, will improve my overall quality of life.

I don't currently work out. We moved after my husband went back in September and I haven't made time to join the local gym. We went from a subdivision where I walked every night to a very rural, private dirt road off a main highway so that killed my nightly walks. There's an Anytime Fitness in 'town' I think I am going to try. They give free week passes to check them out.

The not holding down food thing is not health related, but since it's gone of for so long and I still have no desire to eat food I thought it would be a good time to try green liquid fasting. I'm usually a very outgoing, happy person but health issues and husband issues are making it difficult to function these days. I'm hoping a new lifestyle and new body will cheer me up a little.

Friends would be really nice right now, please feel free to add me, I promise I'm more fun than this sounds, lol.

Replies

• ainsley23
    ainsley23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome x add me if you like, always great to have a motivation buddy
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me :)