calories allowance

Options
Hi i am 5ft - 42 years old female and weigh 10 stone, MFP gave me an allowance of 1200 a day, is this correct - i am on my feet at work 8 hrs a day , 4 days a week - any help appreciated

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    How many lbs to you choose to loose a week? 2?
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    No,I don't think you put in your activity level correctly. You should put active, I think.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A couple of questions:

1. When you signed did you choose "sedentary" as your level of daily activities? Sounds like you should have chosen "active."
    2. What did you set as the amount you want to loose per week? MFP recommends 1 lb per week, if you choose more than that you may want to change it to 1 lb per week.

I would also recommend going to the "Goals" tab on you "My Home" page. There it will show you how it is setting that number and that may give you some insights.
  • sarahdee2007
    sarahdee2007 Posts: 257
    Options
    No,I don't think you put in your activity level correctly. You should put active, I think.

Definitely
  • K8lin1985
    K8lin1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am 27 year old female, I weigh 10' 8lb and im 5'1. I have a coffee shop / sandwich bar so work long hours and i'm always on the go 6 days a week. MFP gave me a daily allowance of 1340 a day. It seems to be working with a lose of 4lbs in 2 weeks.

Do you think your allowance is to much or too little? I guess if you have good results then just stick to it??
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    try playing around with the amount of weight you would like to lose, if you enter 11/2lb it may give you more calories and if you find you are sticking later on you can adjust it.... I am set to lose 1 1/2lb per week and over a 2-3 weeks period it does average out like that but it tends to come off in fits and starts, good luck
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 5ft - 42 years old female and weigh 10 stone, MFP gave me an allowance of 1200 a day, is this correct - i am on my feet at work 8 hrs a day , 4 days a week - any help appreciated
    You are not sedentary, raise your calories. I had 1200 at first and almost killed myself working out so that I could eat. I'm 5'2" and have mine up to 1520 plus my exercise calories, which puts me at about 2000 calories a day and I'm still losing weight.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Check out the group Eat more to weigh less.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Go to this website for some guidance

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I am 5'3'' and 39 years old. I eat 1710 cals per day and only eat back exercise cals if my NET calories is below my BMR.
  • Theweebarrell
    Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thank you