Attn: Women who have had children!!!

Options
lowpro1983
lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
So, a friend of mine (who has one child - about a year and a half old) swears to me that her tummy will never be the same since she had her child. She was overweight when she got preggo and she only gained 19 lbs with her pregnancy. Since I have never had any kids, I can't vouche for this. Are there any mothers that would proudly share their before/after pics so I can provide some motivation for her?? I know that our bodies may never be the exact same as they were before, but I do firmly believe that we can make them better AND be happy with our success!!! Please help!!!!

Replies

• zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    Well I can't vouch for myself since I was overweight when I got pregnant, then gained almost 70 pounds while pregnant and 10 years later I still have over half my baby weight to lose.

Now my sister on the other hand- she was a curvy size 8 when she had her first child, gained about 35 pounds and was back into her old clothes about 6 months after giving birth. With baby #2, she gained around 45 pounds and struggled to lose the weight afterwards. Her youngest is 6 now and within the last year, my sis has gotten down to a size 4/6 and is model slim.

I think every woman is different and how you nurture your body during pregnancy has quite a bit to do with how easily you'll lose the weight afterwards.
  • lowpro1983
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I agree that every woman is different and so is every pregnancy. My sister gained quite a bit with both of hers and was able to lose the baby weight pretty quickly but she claims that "everything is in different places now." ---which has to be frustrating!
  • lowpro1983
    Options
    Thanks for sharing those!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I was in really good shape. I only gained 35 lbs. I will agree my tummy will never be the same. It is pretty flat but I do seem to hold a little more fat there than before and the streched skin is weird. It actually seems to get worse as I lose more weight.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My belly will NEVER be the same but it has shrunk LOL I still have that pooch and "hang" from having a c-section but I continue to work on it and it gradually is improving. I'm 5'2", my son is 2 and I've been at this for a little more then a year.

Before my son I was a size 13 and 158 lbs. My tummy wasn't perfect but was def a pre baby tummy. After I quit nursing I got up to 187 lbs and my 16s were barely buttoning. I had two options, loose weight or buy 18s. Now I'm 136 lbs and a size 8/9. Fortunately my stretch marks aren't super bad but my belly has def changed!

Before baby.....
    026-1.jpg

After baby but start of weight loss....187 lbs
    Feb224.jpg

Now.....136
    546461_396281183725364_100000304560286_1320149_20225184_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!