Replies

• Shan605
    Shan605 Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I have a head of cauliflower in my fridge just looking at me. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it and this sounds perfect!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    To avoid making it to watery, I boil 2 inches of water in a large pot, place the cauliflower in a metal colander or strainer and cover until soft. Just make sure the colander or strainer isn't touching the water. I also add white pepper to mine and sometimes I add buttermilk when I want it to be thick and creamy.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this great recipe! It turns out just liked mashed potatoes! Can't wait to make it for my kids :):smile:

great!!! i'm glad you enjoyed it :)
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    bump
  • DADMUTH
    DADMUTH Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that sounds good
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make mashed cauliflower too, but I just use a little smart balance and salt and pepper and I think it tastes great without all the added calories of the cream cheese. My version comes out to hardly any calories. I'll have to try your version when I feel like cheating, ha ha....

I also bought a spaghetti squash for the first time this weekend. I'm going to prepare it the way it says on the label...prick it, bake it for an hour, let it cool, cut it open, scoop out the seeds, and then scrap out the pulp with a fork and it is supposed to come out like spaghetti noodles. Not sure how it will taste, but I'm willing to give it a whirl~
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make mashed cauliflower too, but I just use a little smart balance and salt and pepper and I think it tastes great without all the added calories of the cream cheese. My version comes out to hardly any calories. I'll have to try your version when I feel like cheating, ha ha....

I also bought a spaghetti squash for the first time this weekend. I'm going to prepare it the way it says on the label...prick it, bake it for an hour, let it cool, cut it open, scoop out the seeds, and then scrap out the pulp with a fork and it is supposed to come out like spaghetti noodles. Not sure how it will taste, but I'm willing to give it a whirl~

CORRECTION......I misread the 2oz of cream cheese for 2 cream cheese....I thought that would be a bit toooooo creamy, ha ha. I actually use the smart balance spray when it is on my plate....thanks for your version of the recipe!
  • CanDurkin
    CanDurkin Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried this with cottage cheese? I hate cream cheese, but would love a lighter version of mashed potatoes.
  • Stacyfit37
    Stacyfit37 Posts: 56
    Options
    Bump.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I used cottage cheese instead of cream cheese because I like lumpy mashed potatos. It was a hit with my hubby!

Should've read through the post first. Thank you!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I made it with cream cheese and cauliflower before and it turned out totally delish. Adding cottage cheese sounds like a really great idea...thanks for the suggestion.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump.