slimming pills..

Options
Hi All ...

I bought Silver slimming pills yesterday and started the 4 week course today was just wondering if anyone else has tried these pills and what there views are on them.
I have never bought slimming pills before until now as have always been quite slim until my last two pregnancys and now with age im getting fatter eek!! :))

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if there was a magic pill out there that did actually work, doctors would prescribe it to overweight patients and we wouldn't have an obesity problem. Might as well leave them on the shelf and throw your money in the garbage.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    No offense, but if there was a magic pill out there that did actually work, doctors would prescribe it to overweight patients and we wouldn't have an obesity problem. Might as well leave them on the shelf and throw your money in the garbage.

I agree with you 100%.
  • whitetiger1231
    whitetiger1231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    so do i ..i think i tried everything on the market leave them on the shelf you dont know what they will do to your body. and remember calories in vs calories out is the best way to go...the pills if they do work is just a quick fix once you stop gain back what you lost plus more...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Ephedra was the only non-prescription diet pill that ever worked for me, and even that will stop working after you take it long enough so it's not permanent. Plus it's now almost impossible to get. You're probably better off spending that money on some workout DVDs and doing things the hard way.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Ephedra was the only non-prescription diet pill that ever worked for me, and even that will stop working after you take it long enough so it's not permanent. Plus it's now almost impossible to get. You're probably better off spending that money on some workout DVDs and doing things the hard way.

There are good reasons that Ephedra is illegal in the United States, including but not limited to Steve Bechler's death.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Interesting that even their own website says it's not a pill for those who are looking to lose weight fast, and must be combined with good diet and exercise.

And oddly enough, you could lose weight with good diet & exercise if you gave it time... without a pill!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

There are good reasons that Ephedra is illegal in the United States, including but not limited to Steve Bechler's death.

Using Steve Bechler's death as an argument not to take Ephedra is absurd by the way...

--Bechler's Risk Factors For Heat Stroke---

According to reports in the media, Mr. Bechler had the following risk factors for heat stroke:

a prior history of heat illness episodes while in high school - which heightens the probability of reoccurring incidents;

a family history of sudden death following exercise (his half-brother died of an aneurysm at the age of 20 after overheating from playing baseball);

a history of hypertension and liver problems;

he had not eaten solid food for a day or two, in an apparent attempt to lose weight;

he was apparently not adequately acclimatized to training in the heat and humidity of South Florida;

it appeared that he was wearing two or three layers of clothing during workouts, again, in an attempt to lose weight;

he was overweight and did not have a high enough fitness level to make it through conditioning drills; and,

he was allowed to exercise until he collapsed with a core temperature reportedly of 106° F before being removed from the field.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I had problems with having energy to exercise for any length of time enough to burn any calories so took capsiplex in early days and they gave me energy to do 2 hour workouts 5-7 mornings a week, which of course combined with going low carb resulted in weight loss and I got fitter from the workouts.

I can now do an hour workout myself without any extra help so I have to say they did help, by giving me energy to exercise long enough to get fitter and lose weight.

I've decided to stay mostly low carb with a few treats meal as permanent lifestyle as I'm enjoying the food and now enjoying exercising as I'm fitter so its not as exhausting.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pants.
  • ginareejoy
    ginareejoy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The more natural, the better. :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    They gave me terrible stomach cramps, diarrhea, and hallucinations. I would avoid those if I were you.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    eat right & exercise, That's the only healthy way to do it. Diet pills (any kind) are just a waist of money.
  • tigerkittyskf
    Options
    Diet pills, slimming pills, whatever you want to call them, are incredebly terrible for you. The only "pills" you should take are vitamins that has been approved by your doctor.

Diet and exercise is the best way to go.
  • purpledollstar
    Options
    I think it's a mental thing! And slimming piils make you conscious of what you eat!
    You want them to work so you eat less!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    wondering if anyone else has tried these pills and what there views are on them.
    I haven't tried them, and my view is that it's an incredibly stupid idea.

Even if they worked, which they won't, you're going to have to start exercising and eating more healthily or any weight would go straight back on, so it's far better to just suck it up and get on with changing your habits now.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You can't excuse yourself from hard work by justifying the use of slimming pills with a lack of trying to lose weight without them.

I don't mean to sound harsh with this, but you may notice that almost all of the replies to your post have been an emphatic 'YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF!'
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    They gave me terrible stomach cramps, diarrhea, and hallucinations. I would avoid those if I were you.
    I was all against the "magic pill", but now that I know you can actually hallucinate, I may reconsider.:devil:
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think in addition to proper diet and exercise they may help. Different ones have different claims. I've never heard of the ones you mentioned
  • valeriejbardini
    Options
    Just thought I would add this article just in case anyone is thinking of taking this drug! Scary stuff :noway: http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/xenical.html
  • louiloui123
    louiloui123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i tried slimming pills 'natural type' they said... it messed me up big time and i now regret thinking i could use a pill to magic the weight away!