Those who are over halfway to your goal...

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    None of you are mentioning xenadrine or visalus or hydroxycut?!?

Shocker. :noway:
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The best way to keep committed is to have a little bit of things like chocolate/pizza/beer every once in a while rather than trying to abstain then falling off the wagon. Also to calm down, a digestive biscuit with my tea is not going to make me gain a stone!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There are healthier ways to prepare almost any food...so don't deprive yourself of things that you want.

...also, save all of the money that you would have spent eating out at restaurants and fast food joints...you will need it for multiple new wardrobes along the way! :drinker:
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eat more!

For the first several months I wasn't eating enough and the weight loss was SLOW! I started eating above my BMR & exercise calories and the weight started dropping.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    read as many success stories as possible on MFP
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The scale is not important, measure your body!
    Strength training is very good for you!
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    You have control over the food you eat. Food does not control you.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    1) TAKE ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS

measure every month , but more importantly , write down exactly WHERE you measured...
    example: left thigh- halfway between the knee and top of thigh OR- " just under the mole" -like me
    or a waist example: 2 inches above my belly button
    I thought I wouldnt forget but I did so now I make sure I measure it in the exact same spot as the month before

2) Do an exercise you really like: so you do it regularly and dont quit because its boring

3) if you eat badly on day , dont quit, just learn from it and move on
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    HAVE FUN!!!!!

If you like running, run.. if you like spinning, spin... if you like Zumba, dance.. if you like lifting, lift..... if you just like to walk then walk!

Exercise CAN be fun.. it doesn't have to be WORK. Take your kids for a walk, take your dog for a walk... just MOVE. Doesn't matter how far or how hard you push yourself.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Try to preplan your day in advance if you can. Then you can see if you are going to be within your goal or not and can make the changes.

Also I carry a measuring tablespoon in my purse and a 1/4 measuring cup for measuring things if I get stuck at a buffet and can log more accurately.

Also if I am going to go eat seafood (lobster), the drawn butter is 350 calories for 1.5 ounces. Instead I carry my "I cant believe it's not butter spray" with ZERO calories.

And if dining out, check the menus online before you go and decide exactly what you are going to eat and you never have to open the menu and be tempted by more decadent offerings.

Plus all the things mentioned above by other posters are great hints and suggestions.

I always give myself rewards at every 10 pounds I lose and generally they are health related, ie new lo-cal cookbooks, new walking shoes, a high tech kitchen scale and bathroom scale, weights for the pool, etc. Last week it was 2 new bathing suits that were 10 sizes smaller than the ones I wore last summer.
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Changing your lifestyle takes time and once you change it, it's a never ending journey. But it's worth every step you take!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have any tips. I'm still learning. I guess I would say that eat food isn't going to kill you as long as you don't go over board.

I came in this with the mind set that I would have to cut out everything I loved.

Not true, If I have extra calories and I want a candy bar, I have a candy bar. I haven't gained at all in this. I"ve steadily lost weight each week.
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    It's not going to happen overnight, so don't beat yourself up over it.

And after all the hard work you put in, you'll look back and think it was easier than you thought.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself, hips, waist, thigh, calves, neck, chest and body fat %. Take a before picture. Changing the measurements are much more of an indicator of how it's going than the scale. :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Take consistent pictures and measurements EVERY MONTH. When i began, I didn't take pictures in my bottoms/bikini until I was down to like 180. I didn't learn the "correct" places to take measurements until it was too late. I was measuring my lovehandles instead of my waist and MISSED an entire 8 inch drop when I thought I'd plateaued. Not cool..

Pics/measurements are the key to keeping me motivated.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    don't work out harder and eat less
    work out moderately and eat more (healthy)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    When you first start..........measure/weigh EVERYTHING. Learning what a proper portion size is will be a huge wakeup call.

Once you get a feel, you can eyeball, i rarely measure anymore, but when you first start its very important, like several hundred calorie difference important..........