Not exercising

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
So if I decide not to exercise tonight, but am still within (actually under) my calories.....is it that bad? I have 60 essay tests to grade tonight, so pretty sure I'll just be sitting on my butt correcting. I was thinking about doing weights quickly, but...what is the recommended amount of reps and sets, or the length of time for it to do any good.
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    Options
    So if I decide not to exercise tonight, but am still within (actually under) my calories.....is it that bad? I have 60 essay tests to grade tonight, so pretty sure I'll just be sitting on my butt correcting. I was thinking about doing weights quickly, but...what is the recommended amount of reps and sets, or the length of time for it to do any good.
    Thanks!
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    I think you are totally fine ! I didnt have time to exercise last night either , I had to go to laundry mat , I was feeling guilty till I found out how many calories I burned doing 15 loads of laundry !!!
  • 40andfab
    40andfab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think taking the night off is just fine if you are under your calories for the day. You know, you don't have to do a full routine of exercise to get all the benefits. Fitting in whatever you can do is always helpful.
    I think you should do 1 quick set of anything after each paper you grade. For example, 20 sit ups, 10 push ups, 25 jumping jacks, etc, then you won't get tired just sitting and grading and you will have done a lot of exercise.
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think taking the night off is just fine if you are under your calories for the day. You know, you don't have to do a full routine of exercise to get all the benefits. Fitting in whatever you can do is always helpful.
    I think you should do 1 quick set of anything after each paper you grade. For example, 20 sit ups, 10 push ups, 25 jumping jacks, etc, then you won't get tired just sitting and grading and you will have done a lot of exercise.

OHHH that's a GREAT idea- you could even 'tone it down' and do something after every 3 or 5 papers! On top of the exercise- it will be a nice 'head clearing' break between every-so- many of the paper! You won't want to pull your hair out by essay number 42
  • wriglucy
    Options
    Thanks for all your advise! I like the idea of mini- exercises:) Keeps my head fresh too....
    Thanks!:flowerforyou: