I need buff men!!

Options
2»

Replies

• infernomark
    infernomark Posts: 33
    Options
    Wally1UK What current programme and diet are you undertaking at the moment?
  • infernomark
    infernomark Posts: 33
    Options
    Awesome work on the weight lose so far
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That would be nice.
  • Ironphoenix
    Ironphoenix Posts: 36
    Options
    you know that there are women on here actively building muscle too right? :) just saying!

Hell yeah, I work harder than most men and have given advice to some men who have had amazing results. Big up the women ;D just saying! I need a pet project!
  • Ironphoenix
    Ironphoenix Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm curious if you're looking for advice on training, also, or are just trusting what your PT says.

If the latter, I encourage you to use caution with that. PT's are...well, let's just say it's not that hard to become one. There are some great ones, and a ton of others.

I don't know where you live but some of us worked extremely hard to get their qualifications. You have to look hard but the elite few of us to exist lol.
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm curious if you're looking for advice on training, also, or are just trusting what your PT says.

If the latter, I encourage you to use caution with that. PT's are...well, let's just say it's not that hard to become one. There are some great ones, and a ton of others.

Well I was thinking, seeming as I'm paying him £28 per hour!!! Yes, I'm only interested in nutrition help at the moment as I have the PT :)
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Eat good fats and protein. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. Find a workout or activity you can stick with for the long haul and be patient. Keep researching and experimenting to find what works for you.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Macros for losing:
    Protein 0.7-1g/lb bodyweight
    Fat 0.25-0.5g/lb bodyweight
    Calculate your deficit you want to make taking into acount exercise and the above fat and protein calories, and then fill in the rest with carbohydrates calories to figure grams carbohydrate

These are pretty standard values used by natural bodybuilders
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you get too many, would you please share? ☻:flowerforyou:
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think we'd all like some buff men! Me included! Haha
  • StPeteAPB
    StPeteAPB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buy a reputable protein drink for after the gym. As soon as you're done at the gym, down a serving of the protein drink. I personally recommend Optimum Nutrition Caramel Toffee Fudge (http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Caramel-Toffee/dp/B002DYJ0E8) - it came highly recommended from my friend who is a Natural Foods Pharmacist. There are a lot of protein drinks out there, but few are really good FOR you; be careful.

When you're hungry, eat. Just eat good things. Try string beans, celery or other low-carb veggies. Carrots are high in sugar - watch out! Don't eat bananas regularly, they are the potato of the fruit world - high carbs, too.

Eat low-fat cottage cheese. Eat hummus with the string beans. Eat eggs. Drink unsweetened almond milk. If you eat bread, make it multi-grain or whole wheat.

Before you go to the gym, down a 1/2C of dry oats with 1/2C of applesauce - great energy boost from the applesauce to start, great maintenance of energy from the oats to end. Don't forget that protein drink AFTER your workout. Drop a high integrity raw egg into your protein drink, if you can (drop a shelled egg into a glass of cold water - if it sinks AND there are no bubbles, it's safe to eat raw).

Eat a clean protein for dinner - chicken breast or fish, for example. Limit beef to one night a week. Stay away from desserts, and maybe indulge once a week.

Walk, run, bike or do situps/crunches. Don't sit still too long and don't eat & then lie down.

And, drink a lot of water. Drink coconut water to rehydrate, when possible. Drink low-carb Gatorade when you can't get coconut water. You need to replenish electrolytes when you sweat during a workout.

And, finally, check out this workout:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/muscle-up-lean-down.html