hunger headaches

Options
how on earth can I ease these? I dont want to take pain meds daily, or eat to get rid of them..

what works for you? (if you suffer from these)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    If it's really hunger, eat. :ohwell: Are you sure it's not thirst? Dehydration and hormones and stress are common headache triggers.

If you really only have 17 pounds to lose, your Goal should be set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week" - which will give you plenty of calories and stop the hunger.

If you're hungry you're doing something wrong.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I do get headaches when I don't eat for a little while (like, say five hours but not when I'm asleep). I think it is from low blood sugar. This is probably unusual though - I am on a medication that can affect blood sugar. My solution is to make sure I always have a little snack with me if I am going to be on the road.
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    lol, Clarification, the 17lbs left is for my next goal. I hope to lose another 30lbs.

I do eat, but its the healthy food that gives me a headache. I guess I'm just not eating enough of it huh.

@miranda, I don't have diabetes or anything like that, would I still get the headaches from low blood sugar? Does it even have anything to do with diabetes?
  • smoodgelly
    smoodgelly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 day headache last week despite drinking lots of water. I upped my low gi carbs a little without upping my cals & the headache went & I had a sudden weight drop! Bonus! I have no idea if this was coincidence but could be worth a try. Good luck.
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    sorry, low gi carbs?