I want to be a loser...;-)

Options
Hi all,
I have been here before. I plan to make this time "it"! I am at the bottom and the only way to go is up. I need to be healthy and not have weight be on my mind 24/7. I want to walk in the room and not be "the fat girl". I was a healthy weight until I had kids and then a bout of depression. I am an emotional eater but it took me years to figure this out about myself. Right now I am dealing with the effects of all this extra weight. On the 24th I will be having the third surgery in two years on my Achilles Tendon. Is weight totally to blame...no probably not'' but it sure isn't my friend. Anyhow, I would love to have support in this journey. I am 46 years old and want to feel healthy and strong. I want to be able to be an active participant in my life. Life is all about the journey with all it's twists and turns, ups and downs and those who climb onboard with us... Anybody want to join me on the ride

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    The other times you were here were just practice. :smile:
    We all have to go through a bit of trial and error sometimes before we can make something work.
    I bet your tendon has made it much harder to be active and exercise. I hope as it heals you'll be able to enjoy getting around more. Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far despite the difficulties you've had to overcome!
    Good luck!
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, and welcome back. I've been here for a while, but I fell off the wagon quite fast the first time. I am also trying to get back to the routine of things. My story is really similar to yours - I"ve had two kids, piled up the weight with post-natal depression and stress-eating. As life has started to treat me a lil' better, I need to put my mind to the healthier mode as well. Need to learn to make the difference of being hungry and just overeating because I like the comfort that comes with good food. Good luck, and if you need any support, give me a shout :)

7553440.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi I'm new (again) too and like u I am determined to finally succeed! Let's do this! -add me if u like
  • nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie... I find that the more support I have on MFP the better I do. I will send you a friend request! You can do it!! Nancy