Fell of the wagon, badddd. (very long read)

Options
81Katz
81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
So I never start topics and I don't open up very much on these boards and when I have I tend to go back and edit it out. I am afraid to be judged and to put myself out there. I also do not keep an open diary. Not so much to not keep myself accountable, but again it's just a personal choice.

Here goes ...

I have been in maintain for about a month now, or almost 1 month. I hit my goal and actually went a bit below it. I told myself I could actually stand to gain a couple pounds back, maybe 3-4 and just see. Not because I look or feel sick, it's petty really, a couple of my recent clothes purchases felt a little loose in the middle and I said "I AM NOT BUYING MORE new clothes!" I have done that 4 times since my journey started -- almost 2 years ago. Not doing it again!

So anyhow, the last 3 weeks of weighing in, Saturday mornings only there has been a gain. About 2.2lbs total since I went into maintain. I tell myself it's OK, that I said I could stand to gain a couple but each time I stepped on the scale and saw that number go up I had a moment of anxiety in my stomach, I would step off the scale feeling bad about myself. I would rant to my DH that I was 'getting fat' and 'look, I have gained weight!' and then I would say "yeah, but I know I said I could stand to gain a couple back" he agrees, told me a while ago he thought 'I had lost enough'. Whatever. So I can only imagine how confusing this is for him. One week I am like "Yay, I lost weight" (prior to maintain) then I go to maintain and the first week I did maintain, I was "Yay, I did so good. Didn't gain" now the last few weigh in's it's like "Omg, I am such a fat ugly loser, I gained weight!".

So getting to the point. We have been going out more, I guess to help rid some of my anxiety and to let loose a little because I went a very long time without setting foot inside ANY restaurant (I was highly offended at first when people would tell me to "live a little" and enjoy nights out and enjoy food) So, has my anxiety eased any? Not really. I refuse to go to a restaurant that doesn't publish their nutritional information online. If I find the info online I literally scour the menu and write down what I can eat. I try to pick the lowest calorie/fat/sodium options and even when I find them I still scale back. For example, if it comes with a salad, absolutely NO cheese, no croutons, etc. If a chicken or pasta dish comes with bread, I won't eat the bread. I substitute like crazy, asking for vegetables instead of mashed potatoes, asking for tomato sauces instead of heavy fattening cream sauces. I spend more time asking the waiter or waitress to fix this, change this, substitute this. Needless to say it sucks the fun out of a dinner out. It also doesn't help, my DH who really honestly doesn't need to lose weight, he admits he could eat healthier (I agree. He is a salt addict, sweets junkie) and he keeps saying he wants to tone up. But when we go out he eats whatever he wants and how much of it he wants. He signed up at MFP (quit logging after 2 weeks) and actually managed to lose about 10lbs, some with the help of MFP some on his own, he went through a short period of really watching what he ate, he doesn't do that anymore. Then to make matters worse he hasn't gained any back. He eats what he wants, when he wants, however much he wants and hasn't gained anything back. He's always been this way. I don't know where he puts the food but holy crap can he eat. It does not help because he's a salt junkie and also he's really into sweets (who doesn't like cakes, cookies and candies?) but he is into far more than I am. I like it in small doses (I'm about to contradict myself later about this). So sometimes it does not help that I feel there is added temptation staring back at me in the cabinets or fridge. I have made some comments to him about it and he says he is sorry, doesn't mean to. But I know *I* am responsible for *me* so it's not his fault really. But at the same time I guess I feel like if he was an alcoholic and I kept beer in the house it wouldn't necessarily be supportive. I don't know. I am making excuses for my poor choices.

Ok, so onto last night. We had a night planned, get out of the house. Went to dinner. I pick off the lite menu and the food was awful. It was Mexican food. I asked if they could sub the rice, their options "Well we have another rice, we have mashed potatoes, re-fried beans, or you can pick a salad" for the love of god, I don't want more lettuce. I eat that *kitten* like crazy throughout the week, it's simply 'filler food' to me. So I was like whatever, keep the rice. The calories factored in for the rice already weren't awful, but as usually I always try to find ways to lower them. So it was two enchilada's. They had 1 or 2, I went for 2. Ok, these things were the nastiest tasting things ever. If anyone is wondering it was Carlos O'Kellys. Pico Enchilada's, So I personally at home made the switch from regular cream cheese to the low fat or fat free, whatever it is. It doesn't taste as good as regular but whatever, small sacrifices I said. I never eat the 2 Tbsp serving because I find whatever I am putting it on, 1 Tbsp is enough. Oh but this dish, I swear I think I somehow failed to notice it said cream cheese. I knew it had fat free sour cream on top. So they had to have put an entire block of that nasty cream cheese in each enchilada then a mix of spinach, mushrooms, red onions, I think chives too (or it was green onions) I don't like mushrooms and OF COURSE they can't change it they said "the filling is pre-made" so whatever. Sorry, I ramble. So it was disgusting. I had my DH try it, he agreed. If one doesn't quite love the taste of fat free cream cheese in small doses, you won't love it in large doses. It was just gross. Oh, it also had chicken in it. It was really neat how 1 enchilada had maybe 4 pieces of tiny cubed chicken while the other, only one end seemed to have any chicken in this. I know because I performed a food operation hoping to pick out just the spinach and chicken from that nasty white runny cream cheese crime scene. So all in all, I would say approx. 1 enchilada was eaten, about half the rice which was dry. I told myself "yippie, you pretty much cut your cals in half by eating just half!" so we also had an appetizer at the table, that DH ordered. A fajita cheese crisp. I remember eating this when I was heavy and ate whatever I wanted, in the past I didn't care how fattening it was or greasy. So I succumb and have 1 piece, my DH ate THE REST minus one piece he put on his plate so the waitress could take away the plate. I also only picked out the tiny broken crumbs from the bowl of tortilla chips. So ok, basically I ended up eating the last piece of the cheese crisp because my dinner tasted like white vomit, and before I know it I am reaching for the big pieces of chips. The crisp tasted much greasier than I remember, which I think my taste buds have changed since my journey. But I was hungry so I ate it. I thought about sending my food back or asking for something different but we had somewhere to be later on and my DH was nearly half through his food by the time I finally said 'F it' and quit picking through the gross plate of food in hopes of finding something that didn't taste like a s s.

So we go to our next location. They had a bar with drinks, beer, water, pop and little goodies you could buy. I go for a flavored fizzy bottled drink, Mikes Lemonade (lime) I haven't had this is forever. I remember how tart it is. Seriously, not a hard drink at all. But whatever. Also we got to M&M cookies. We each had one. So then we go inside and take our seats after that.

So then it's getting a bit later but we were like "what to do" -- didn't want to go home. Well what do you know, there is a Dairy Queen. So the last 3 weeks I have let myself have 1 blizzard each week -- BUT ONLY if it fell into my calories which it did, so I didn't let myself feel too bad about it. Plus I always get the small, could and should probably get the mini. So we get what we want. I order a small ridiculously delicious confetti cake blizzard. It was delicious.

Onto where I contradict myself. Also the last 3 weekends I have had a problem with donuts. I am not even that much of a donut person. But if we are out, like I said we've made more of an effort to go out more. So we stop at the gas station and get these donuts which are awesome and made from scratch. 1 time I got just one and that enough. It didn't blow my calories or anything. Another time we made the mistake of getting a box. I ate 3 donuts in the car one after the other before we even got home. When we got home I felt so miserable I wanted to throw up, not eating disorder throw up, but I literally felt sick. So heavy in my stomach, way tooooo much sugar. (I have been watching my sugars for a while now, more the added/processed) So I told myself never again! The 3 donut grand slam was the first, the 2nd was when I bought just 1 and ate that one and felt good about the choice. Last weekend I buy 2. One for that night, save one for the next day because I knew both would fall into my calories. Well one was eaten within minutes of getting into the car which lead me to eat half of the other. So we get home, I told DH to eat the rest of mine if he wanted it or I would throw it away. That "I can't have donuts, I don't know when or how to stop". So then last night, the DQ blizzard, I would have still been within my calories. I could not stop there. Gold star for me, we stopped for donuts. WHY, I just ate a blizzard. I wasn't even hungry. So whatever, I get two. I am proud to say they are still sitting in the cabinet, that I didn't binge on them. Though this morning I told my DH he can have them. "I can't eat food like that anymore! I am fat!"

So then we leave from buying the donuts, it's not terribly late. I know today I have crap today (still dragging my a s s despite it being early afternoon) so we are like we need to go to the store, don't want to do it Sunday when the store is always crazy, run home really quick, grab the list and we go. Late night grocery shopping it always an experience lol. The store wasn't too busy, made shopping easy. WHY OH WHY, we get all of our food. Half the cart is fresh, other half is random stuff like coffee filters, saran wrap, shampoo, cat food, etc.

So I told myself forever ago "I can't walk through any bakery in any store. It's too much!" and I went a long time without going to that section. Well lately, of course. I haven't been good about that. Even if I don't buy anything, I just shouldn't go into that section. It's like an emotional hostage situation.

So we go to the bakery and there sits a delicious blueberry crumble coffee cake. I literally cannot get enough blueberries, it's crazy. I love them, love them fresh. I eat them all the time everyday. It's insane. So I said "I don't need this coffee cake" but then I said "Whatever, it won't kill me" and I convinced myself that after not eating my entire nasty tasting dinner and saving calories because of that and that I bought 2 donuts but didn't devour them immediately after eating them that I was 'entitled' to that coffee cake. So I put it in the cart. I then find the donut counter, I said hmmm maybe I should grab one for the drive home. WTF??? So I get a plain square-ish shaped donut with powdered sugar on top and lemon filling. We pay, leave, load the car, the donut is gone in less than a minute. We get home, unload, carry it all inside, start putting it away, the coffee cake is staring me in the face. Said "I have to try this". One bite (which the first felt like an 'O' - yeah use your imagination - in my mouth lol) So one bite turns into 2 and 3 then 4 then 5, giving DH a couple bites in between. Before I know I have literally eaten the equivalent of 2 pieces which comes to about 500 calories. I told myself "big deal" I'll exercise a lot tomorrow which I still haven't. My body this morning literally feels like I have been run over. I went to bed, later than I normally do as I tend to stick to a fairy strict go to bed at a certain time, wake up at a certain time daily routine. It helps me stay on track for work and also it just helps me to stick to a routine. So I wake up this morning way later than I have in the longest time. I wake up feeling like I had a hangover, groggy, my gut feels bloated, I feel sluggish, my body practically hurts. I am convinced it was all the 'crap' food and also sugar overload. Plus I have a slight headache, it's been there since I got out of bed.

So here I sit today feeling like the biggest, fattest, grossest, incredibly ashamed repeating to myself over and over "WHY DID I DO THAT?" person. "Did you NOT learn your lesson the last 3 times you lost all control with the baked stuff?" Each time it has happened I said "NEVER AGAIN!" told DH "I can't go into those places". But each week I have. Then each day after I emotionally kick my own a s s and berate myself all day. Sometimes the feelings of shame last a day or 2 past the donut crime I committed. It's mentally and emotionally exhausting. So here I sit today, I have no motivation to want to work out. I just want to crawl back into bed. A couple times I felt like crying.

I don't know, I just needed to put it out there. I guess I don't know what I am looking for in terms of a reply. Oh, I blew my calories by 1300 of course. I have never blown my calories by that much. From the time I have been on MFP I think the most I ever blew my calories might have been by 100-200. I blew my carbs, blew the fat...I was NOT surprised. I am sure the sodium as well, the Carlos O'Kellys didn't list the sodium.

So here I am, planning out what I will eat the rest of the day. I already had my late breakfast after I woke up. I lovely bowl of plain cheerios with fruit on top and almond milk. Sure it tasted good, wasn't very filling. My stomach is growling now. So I am planning my meals which today will consist of a lot of filler foods because big old gross fat me doesn't deserve good tasting food today. I will have to survive on 'rabbit food'

Sorry this was long. I just needed to get it out. I guess, it's a way for me to be really honest with myself. I haven't mentioned my donut binges to anyone on MFP. I still go about chatting and offering advice like there is nothing wrong with me. I can give anyone advice about low calorie snacks and what not, all the while I was shoving donuts into my mouth like a crackhead would smoke from their crackpipe.

I feel like a liar, a hypocrite.

I think maintain feels more scary to me than losing the weight did. I am scared to death I will gain it back. How easy 1lbs turns into 3 then 5 then 10, the thought of that possibly happening scares me to death. I think how do I get a handle on this? Is it self sabotage? I didn't 'binge' like this when I was losing. Sometimes a couple mindless grabs of nuts from the container, or maybe grab some crackers and not count them. That was generally the extent of those moments. But now, since I have been in maintain. I have the WORST cravings for food that was never usually at the top of my 'yum!' list to begin with. If anything I thought I would be craving burgers and fries, but no it's ice cream and cakes and donuts. I don't know why either?

I don't know if I need some hugs or a kick in the a s s at this point. I am sick to death of stressing over my weight. I stressed out when I gained it all, then went through the stage where I didn't care because I so depressed about so many things in life, the weight gain only being one of them. Then something clicked and I hated the fat me (keep in mind I was never skinny - skinny for ME - prior to gaining all that weight) but I am at my lowest I have ever been in my entire life, let alone my adult life. It's surreal to me. But I stressed about it and freaked out losing it. I am stressing trying to maintain (though each week I tend to contradict myself telling myself I gained when a day before I said I could stand to gain.) Everytime I open my mouth and put in food I either know automatically how many calories it has (thanks food scale, thanks MFP) and the times I don't know I worry and say "should I eat it?" "I wonder how many calories this has". Eating is not fun, should it ever be fun, I don't know. But it's not fun at all. Even in the moment of DQ blizzards and donuts and how delicious it tastes, it is not fun. Each bite I call myself names in between, each bite I mentally say "put it down, put it down" but I don't. I never was like this when I was heavy. I didn't care. I ate something and felt no shame. I would go out and enjoy my food and enjoy my night. Now I think I turn every fun night out into a miserable time with my obsessive compulsive calorie disorder. My poor DH, I feel bad for him. He stares at me knowing I am unhappy with every meal I order from the "it won't make you fat" side of the menu as he eats his delicious food. I think he feels bad eating it and while I do not want him to feel bad ont he surface part of me is mad at him about it. I feel like he doesn't help more to make this easy. He happily obliges when I say let's get DQ, or hmmmm a donut sounds so good. He is ready to get in the car and go. I think I wish he would say "No" to "think about it, do you really want that?" but then knowing my crazy a s s I would take it the wrong way and probably accuse him of accusing me of being fat and "what right does he have to tell me I can't have something". I am just so mad at ME. I will probably regret having posted this.

I'll stop now.
Sorry.

Replies

• mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    ok sweetie, you CAN NOT let it bring you down! I know that is easier said than done, but you can't let it control your life like that. I did that, and in the end I stopped caring, and I ended up with a gain of 8 lbs! It can be hard to handle, but you need to tell yourself that it isn't going to control you. If you let it control you then it just gets worse, and worse. So you had an off time, that's not that bad. It happens to pretty much everyone. Just keep your head up, smile, and remember you have come such a long way.

p.s. I did actually read all that lol
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow - we must be related because I have uttered these exact words/thoughts many times before - the donuts, the DQ blizzards, even the reference to offering an alcoholics and the DH being on MFP for 2 weeks and losing 10 pounds then quitting. I can't get people to understand that offering me a donut is equivalent to offering an alcoholic a drink. You wouldn't say "but you've done good, one drink won't hurt you". I read an article in Runner's World magazine lately called Disordered Eating. If you can get it I recommend you read it. It distinguishes eating disorders from disordered eating. I've been beating myself up alot lately too because of the poor food decisions I've been making. Just remember that each day is a new day and that the food doesn't love you as much as you love it. Good luck!
  • Kearney2008
    Options
    Hello,
    I know you probably weren't looking for a reply just wanted to vent but I really think your too hard of yourself emotionally. Yes you f' ed up a few times but you have called yourself "fat" "ugly" etc way too many times. I know this will probably sound cheesy lol but you have to love yourself to be happy with yourself. Maybe once you are content with your weight it will be easier for you to turn away from those things. I myself will not be totally depriving myself off all the great food out there, but its moderation. Anyways, I just hope you are able to stop looking at yourself and calling yourself fat or ugly. Be proud of your accomplishments and stop freaking yourself out lol
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Just remember that you're a human being who does not have to be perfect. There's no shame in having bad days. This is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Just don't let a few bad meals blow everything you've worked hard for. And you can eat real "delicious" food, just make sure to eat a smaller portions than you used to eat. For me, some food is simply comfort food and I eat it because it makes me feel better in the short term. However, I've learned that as much as it will temporarily make me feel better, in the long run it makes it so much harder to achieve my long term goals of losing weight. So now I ask myself, am I eating this to fill an emotional void or am I really hungry.

Men can lose weight faster than women in general in part because their bodies are different than ours. Men tend to have more muscle while we tend to have more fat. My husband can lose weight by just breathing whereas for me, I have to work hard at it. Yes it is hard watching him lose without much effort, but I've come to accept it.

The first thing you need to do is stop beating yourself up. You're not a bad person (from what I have read), you're just a person. Hang in there.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Seek professional counseling. You have a seriously unhealthy relationship with body image and food.
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Firstly, let me say - you do not have to say you are sorry. Sorry for what? And yes, I read all of it. You have no idea how many times I've found myself in the same mental state, hating everything I do, every choice I make in regards to food/fitness. And how much I've hated my failures. I managed to lose a lot of weight and then I gained a lot back. I am stuck again, as well. But am I sorry? No, maybe just a big angry at myself that I've let go.
    Secondly - you are not alone. Every one of us goes through similar stages, be it in a smaller or grander scale. We all have our demons.
    Thirdly - this all isn't just a destination, to get there. It's a long long never-ending journey. And remember, if and when you fall, we'll be around here to pick you up again. So sweetie, get up, dust off your clothes and lets get going again. You can do this!!
  • VirginiaWoof
    VirginiaWoof Posts: 147
    Options
    I understand your pain- especially as far as 'food hangovers go'. I've gone over my calorie suggestions by 20,000 before and I ended up in hospital. It was seriously painful.

You need to forgive and forget now. Yes, you've eaten the food but you can't change that. Move on from it and do not dwell. Don't try and restrict your intake or exercise to make up for the calories eaten...just relax :smile: You've come so far and you have done amazing to get to your goal weight! Try not to obsess about calories too much; especially when you are going out. Pick a healthy but tasty option and eat until you are full. Your body will adapt appropriately and you won't be left unsatisfied. Also, why do you choose low fat cream cheese? Fat is not necessarily a bad food...you would probably enjoy things more if you ate food you enjoy. Fats are good for you...I try to get full fat versions of yoghurt and things whenever possible. You can still treat yourself, be healthy and stay in your cal range.

Plan your day healthily and try not to deprive yourself- it sounds like you are craving something so maybe take a look at your diet and see if you are missing any key nutrients? I know that eating more protein helps me stay away from sweet stuff.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    This journey is a lifestyle change, not a diet to get skinny then eat what you want, then gain weight, get mad, pout, gain weight and go back on a diet. WE CHANGE OUR LIVES!

What you are doing is very typical of people that do not choose to make the correct choices every day. Being of sound mind and not fearing food, making choices that are not exactly the healthiest every once and a while should also be a part of our journey.

The whole line people give me about "living a little" always gets to me and I answer to that with, ya know what? I want to live A LOT so I am going to make the choices for MY HEALTH to make that happen, okay? That typically shuts them up. Turns out, they really do not care that I live a little, they wanna feel better about their crappy food choices by seeing me make them.

I am not going to be all, its okay sweetie, you are human to you in this thread. I am going to say put your big girl panties on and toughen up cupcake. Make the changes you need for living and stick with them. We do not make this choice to live healthy to look pretty, we do it to live pretty.

So today, you make the choice of what you want and stick with it.
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay, back on the wagon with you :-) Yes, I read your entire post, and yes, I saw a lot of myself in it. Let me share some of the fun stuff I learned after 10 years of therapy! (Please laugh, that's supposed to be funny.)

First and foremost, please, be kind to yourself. Guilt is a wasted emotion. And guilt creates that evil cycle we all know so well. Eat something "bad" - feel fat and guilty - get depressed - eat something "bad" because depressed - feel fat and guilty - get depressed - rinse, repeat. Break this cycle. So, you went over your calories. So what? It's one day. Guess what? Tomorrow is a brand new day. My favorite thing about the MFP app? Every morning, there's a fresh start. Look at it that way. This isn't a contest or a race.

Secondly, if you are anything like me, this isn't a diet, and won't end once you reach your goal. It's a lifelong journey. And if that's the case, you can't spend the rest of your life being frantic about counting calories and skimming every calorie you can off of every menu item when you eat out. Know what I mean? Try to make healthy choices, 90% of the time. Isn't that what "they" say, everyone? If you don't want a salad? Bah! Eat something else! But you probably won't want something super heavy and greasy nearly as much because it will make your stomach feel gross. If you go to a wedding or special celebration, and feel like having cake? Have a small piece. Or hey - have a HUGE piece! Just try not to let it lead you into a binge-fest. That's what happens if you think to yourself - "I screwed up, I'm a loser, I might as well keep eating."

Thirdly, the whole sugar/salt/fat thing is an addiction, and it keeps feeding itself. The more donuts you eat (SERIOUS weakness of mine), the more you want, and the more sugar you want, and the hungrier you get, until NOTHING will satisfy that sugar craving. NOTHING. You feel that? It's awful. You might need to ditch the sugar cold turkey again. After a couple of weeks it should be better. Try fruit instead. That helped me. Or protein bars.

And try to get as much junk food out of your house as you can. I don't know how old you and your husband are, but it will be better for both of you in the long run. Explain to him that it IS an addiction, and it's like handing an alcoholic a bottle of Jack.

One day at a time, that's all you can do. Some days will be better than others. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get where you are. *hugs* to you and all the best!

And NO MORE GUILT!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the replies and the understanding. I know I am not the only one who goes through this or who feels this way. I have read the same topics written by others and I too have the OMG did I just write that moment? But then I sometimes don't reply, again scared to put myself out there.

I guess what boggles my mind is the other 6 days a week I will do pretty darn well. I love fruits and vegetables, I always have and that helped in my weight loss transition. Yes, transition. I'll admit that it started purely for vanity reasons but then I definitely became about health. It's not a diet, I know. Nobody diets for 2 years and I have been at this almost 2 years, only on MFP a couple months though. I could have probably lost all the weight in 2 months had I taken every quick, easy and unhealthy route but I knew I couldn't do it that way. I think that is what makes this hard, is knowing how hard I have worked and how hard it is to change habits and even harder to stick with new ones. That has sometimes been rough. Some days are easier than others, days like last night for example, while rare, are the worst. I feel like it's an outer body experience and I just see myself saying "No no no! Stop!" but I don't. Sometimes the food doesn't even taste that good but I kept eating it.

I was in therapy after the holidays. The holidays felt rough for a variety of reasons, some of it just felt sad or upsetting and I didn't know why, I had some big stress going on, had some little stress, enough emotional up and downs that I said I DO need to talk to someone. Some of my weight loss and food issues were discussed but unfortunately said therapist liked the sound of their own voice more than listening to my problems. Taking 1 day a week out of my life to the tune of $200 an hour got expensive. I have NOT been back. I am not ready to re-tell all my problems I guess.

Part of me feels scared that this will be a forever thing. Forever stressing about what is on my plate, forever stressing that the scale might go up, stressing that I simply can't find it in me to enjoy a night out and just do what I want to do and not fear that I will mentally and emotionally kick my own a s s the next day or two or three.

I know I have issues with food. I do not have a happy medium. It literally went from one extreme to the other. Before I didn't care what I ate. I didn't care, it tasted good, it was fun going out, life was too busy at times to cook, I made excuses and justifications. BEFORE I had gained all the weight that ever put me at my heaviest, I didn't even care then. At least not in the moment. I have always been the "Ugh, I am so fat, so ugly" girl. I drive people nuts with my insecurities I can guarantee it. I drive MYSELF nuts, which then just leads to more insecurities.

Again, I appreciate the replies. I know I need to find the middle ground to all of this, I just don't know how to yet. I know I need to un-do the abuse I have done to myself emotionally over the years, or at best and probably more realistically, lessen it. I need to look at food as something that keeps me alive, sure it can be enjoyed but I just don't have to approach it in extreme ways, either eating too little and counting the cals down to a gnats a s s or eating too much and throwing all healthy logic out the window. That is what makes this and this whole journey difficult sometimes. I KNOW what I need to do, I do. I just don't know how to get my brain and my emotions to work with the rest. Make sense?

I wish I could keep all the crap out of the house. Sometimes I amaze myself that I don't eat some of it and sometimes I think is it any wonder I do little grabs of stuff here and there? I need to be responsible for only me and not put that pressure on my DH I guess. He has his own crap to deal with, probably doesn't need one more person picking at him about something. But yes, if the shoe was on the other foot he would appreciate that *I* didn't have it in the house either .....

As far as the fat-free stuff. Simply put, less calories. I didn't eat peanut butter for the longest time because of the calories. I didn't even keep it in the house. Then I found a great product called PB2. Yes, it's real peanuts, oil removed (yes that good oil with the good fat but that good fat oil I do not wish to consume) basically its peanuts pulverized into dust. Add water, it's good. I do get my healthy fats from other places, avocados, almonds, etc. After last night though I told DH if I ever buy cream cheese again it will not be the low fat/fat free. I swear, I can still taste it in my mouth despite all the sugary stuff. lol

I don't know. I am totally aware I have issues. The journey has been just as emotional as it has been physical. I think people who have not been there, they do not understand it. They see some weirdo freak with issues. I'm human, I do have issues. I live a real life with real problems and stress and worries. I hope to find a way to not let this be one more constant worry or one more thing to add to an already stressful day.

Again, thanks to everyone. I am sad others seem to understand me so well, because I don't want others to feel this way and it's sad there are many of us that do, but on the flip side in many small ways it helps to know I am not alone, that I am not weird or crazy. I'm just another person trying to make it all right and healthy with herself and through this, hoping to like herself a little bit more.

:heart:
    ps, I had to laugh because I NOW see that I spelled OFF as OF in the title. lol