Fun Cardio Workout?

Options
I've been trying to figure out a fun way to do cardio, besides running. I've considered Zumba, but I'm not that into dancing in front of people. Any suggestions for a fun cardio workout?

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello plaid_crayons,

My schedule doesn't allow for me to take fun gym classes, so here are my suggestions:

Do you like the outdoors? My very favorite exercise is hiking. It is the most awesome way to get fit, in my opinion!

An efficient way to get fit cardiovascularly at the gym is on the incline bike doing sprints: 90sec at a normal pace, followed by 30sec cycling hard! This creates a 2-minute interval which you repeat 8 times. They are called Sprint Eights, and you can read about them on Mercola.com These sprints are equivalent to a Lot of time on the cardio machines.

:)MinMin
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix DVD - it's fun and fast-paced. Three workouts, 20 minutes each, which you can do all together for an hour long workout, or mix and match however you like. Workout 1 is more upper body focused, 2 is lower body, and 3 is abs, but all of them work you all over with combinations of punches and kicks.
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look into the App called 'Zombies, Run!'. It IS for running, but it turns it into a whole new workout. If you have imagination, you end up running for your life! I LOVE IT!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Skipping!

Can't help but smile when you skip. Until you've done it like 20 min and are hurting.

Makes other people smile too.

Some because of your smile, some because they are concerned if a padded van is coming up soon.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    I'd recommend Tony Horton's P90X Plus 'Interval X' and his 'Kenpo Cardio' videos... They'll both run you about 45 minutes...Kenpo is all on your feet... Interval is a good total body workout...
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    7arg76t
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do this 10 min cardio everyday..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHVGgrunyU
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam!!! It is fun and there are so many options that I never get bored! Look it up on Beachbody.com

I also found a workout that is called Quick Fix Cardio. It is 3 - 10 minute workouts that are awesome. Best of luck! I hope you find something that you love!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If you like classes try BodyCombat and BodyAttack or a spinning class. If you like to workout at home.. I like the biggest loser videos and most Bob Harper stuff. If you are looking for stuff to do at the gym or home that doesn't involve "cardio equipment" try a fitness circuit- jumping jacks, burpees, pushups, ab stuff, medicine ball slams, squats, mountain climbers, lunges, etc. Pick a few, stick on one for about a minute and move to the next. Do a few sets and you have urself a cardio workout :)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam!!! It is fun and there are so many options that I never get bored! Look it up on Beachbody.com

I also found a workout that is called Quick Fix Cardio. It is 3 - 10 minute workouts that are awesome. Best of luck! I hope you find something that you love!!

TurboJam is fantastic, but if you want something a little higher intensity I love my TurboFire! It's just a little bit dancy, not as dancy as Zumba, has mostly cardio with a few toning/core dvds.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out a fun way to do cardio, besides running. I've considered Zumba, but I'm not that into dancing in front of people. Any suggestions for a fun cardio workout?
    i like rowing, sometimes doing sprints and hitting the heavy bag. Also try the battle ropes if you think you have what it takes. I can't get myself or jog or be on those machines at the gym for more than half hour...and i barely do it.
  • plaid_crayons
    Options
    Look into the App called 'Zombies, Run!'. It IS for running, but it turns it into a whole new workout. If you have imagination, you end up running for your life! I LOVE IT!

That's hilarious! I want that!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I do Just Dance on the Wii. It's great fun, a real laugh when you get it wrong! Plus, if you're a bit like me, too self concious to exercise in front of others, you can do it in the comfort of your own living room, anytime! :happy: :happy:
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This one looks fun to me
    Exercise-legs-loop.gif?
  • alujan74583
    alujan74583 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dance at home. In an 1 1/2 hours you can burn over 800 cals. Its fun and you don't have people watching you. :happy:
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    turbo fire!
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    two words: dance and mat.
    you can buy one for your PC for about £10 from eBay (here in the UK at least)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix DVD - it's fun and fast-paced. Three workouts, 20 minutes each, which you can do all together for an hour long workout, or mix and match however you like. Workout 1 is more upper body focused, 2 is lower body, and 3 is abs, but all of them work you all over with combinations of punches and kicks.

I agree, I love this dvd, along with all her other ones as well. it incorporates all of abs, strength, and cardio.

I have turbofire and it's a lot of straight cardio as well with other strength dvds separately. deff worth the money (bought off ebay) it's a beach body program, fun and motivating, and addictive
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Skipping!

Can't help but smile when you skip. Until you've done it like 20 min and are hurting.

Makes other people smile too.

Some because of your smile, some because they are concerned if a padded van is coming up soon.

i somehow feel like your legit do this, lol
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like Just Dance for the Wii! I also love Zumba Dvds at home! I'm not confident enough to shake my big butt in front of people either. Its a blast and you don't feel like you are exercising!