Stuck

Options
My motivation is like a huge yoyo. I struggle and fall when I don't see results. Last week I followed my diet plan and worked out 5 out of 7 days and got absolutely no where. No weight or inches lost. Did alot of cardio and minimal weights. Should I switch this around or what? HELP

Replies

• Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How is your diary? Are you eating enough?
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta stick it out. Don't give up after only 1 week of not seeing results; sometimes it takes a few weeks. Good luck!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Just stick to eating as clean as possible...you may want to increase your lean protein and lower the carbs a bit too. WATCH your sodium like a hawk, this always gets me. And I went three weeks last time without dropping...until I changed around my eating habits, again watched the sodium, some days at 1200 cals, others as much as 1900... and lost 4 pounds last week. I know you have heard this, but it is too good not to repeat... this is NOT A SPRINT...its a marathon! Just keep at it... and I PROMISE the weight will start coming off again...

This bears repeating too... Make sure youre eating enough- MFP seems to allow a very small amount of cals!

I starting lifting heavier weights...this has helped inches MELT away! Since March- I have gone from a 12/14. to a loose size 10! And thats WAY more important than a stupid # on the scale! BTW- Happy Mother's Day!
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    I get plenty of dairy in with my protein drinks
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Motivation really has to come from within you in order to be really valid and really give you drive. What is/are your personal reason(s) to want to lose weight or be healthier? It is something that should really convince you to resist too much temptation in eating the wrong foods or too much and to convince you to do a workout.
    It will take baby steps to get to the end results. Even if it means you can breath better when working out, or that you feel less soreness the next day after a while.I have just started this but it is a long term commitment to getting healthier and being able to live my life to the fullest extent that I can. I have children who will need to me to be there for them as they grow up and I want to be able to do so. I am in my 40's and it is only going to become increasingly more difficult to keep up if I don't get started now.
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    I actually started last november and my eating habits have been up and down. I am down only 13 pounds. I work out 2-5 times a week and took a 2 week break about amonth ago. Back at it and nothing. So last week I revamped everything and started a c25k, increased my protein intake to 125-160 grams, decreased carbs to less then 100grams. Plus according to MFP I am only alotted 1300 calories a day so I have tried to stay with in that but I saw nothing last week and have worked my hardest at it since november. Just bummed about that. I definatly won't give up!!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You have to find what works for you and what you can maintain over a long period of time or you will burn out. I workout 3-4 days a week mostly heavy lifting.