Hi I'm ready to get in the saddle again..

Options
I tried this out 2 years ago. I wanted to loose baby fat. Then I found I was blessed with my second child. I had rough pregnancies and wasn't able to...or maybe I just didn't feel I could follow along with this. so now I have had all the babies this body can have. and as I struggled to find something to fit this morning I realized I am more then ready to loose my extra baby weight. I am ready to offer myself and my daughters more to life. I think now is the time to make the changes needed to give my children a healthy way og living for the rest of their lives. I am hoping to find motivation on days I just don't think I have the energy to do it. I am hoping that I make a few friends here that will help me on this journey and keep me in check when I slack and cheat myself. I am hoping to make a lifestyle change not just diet my way to thin. I hope that I find the fun in getting outside and active again.

Replies

• guyaneseprincess
    guyaneseprincess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Good luck on your weight loss journey!! I wish you the best.
  • mrsdouglas1
    mrsdouglas1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI, I know how it is to need support and encourgment to keep moving forward thats awesome that you decided you were ready to jump into a new life style! Are you doing a fitness program currently?
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Wishing you the very best on your journey!
  • Ohmachinee
    Ohmachinee Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am starting today as well. I have a short term date set in mind, which is my university graduation in June. I have recently gained 10 lbs in about 1-2 months, when I usually have maintained the same weight. I am currently 165lbs, 5'7". I am sick of losing control. I want to be healthy- CONTINUALLY healthy! Good luck to you! :) We're starting this journey together!
  • silly_whim
    silly_whim Posts: 11
    Options
    I have not yet got a fitness plan together. I take a belly dancing class and I try to practice at least 3 times a week. i live very close to a biking trail so being summer is almost here I want to take advantage of that with my daughters. I need something that includes my daughters. and meal wise my daughters have severe allergies, we are gluten free and use no animal by products...okay let me correct that i try very hard to use no animal by product...just because of my daughters allergies. no dairy and no eggs. though i fail with butter. though we don't consume much of it anyways.
  • Ohmachinee
    Ohmachinee Posts: 2
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking DVDs are great! I just finished my workout! You should definitely look into them. Plus, Leslie is such a sweet soul. She makes it fun and engaging.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Earth Balance. Better than dairy butter. Better than margarines. NOT smart balance. Similar name. Different product. It comes in stick or spreadable tubs. I've used the sticks in cookie recipes just like any kind of baking. Good luck on ur weightloss.
  • Nighty85225
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN kudos to you! Butter isn't really needed in cooking, I used to bake everything with it NOW I DON'T for stovetop/baking things like sauting veggies I use either canola cooking spray/a little virgin olive oil SAME EFFECT. I'm trying to get back in the swing as well and as I find the time to be more frequent on here and learn what I'm doing I'd love to keep up with you, I'm a great motivator EXCEPT I can't figure out how to add friends :( never the less good luck and add me if you want to :) YOU CAN DO!!! fyi kids love almost anything that makes mom happy, you can run up and down the playground with them, make it a race. They get a cookie and you get a fruit or something extra as a treat for including them. Good Luck again! take care