Last 10 lbs so hard!

Options
Been losing weight since last August, at 50 lbs lost so far. Now I just need to push through my last 10 lbs to reach my goal but I seem to have hit a snag. Really looking for support, tips, friends who are in the same boat. I'm digging deep with Insanity, started my second round 2 weeks ago, still hoping that the flat tummy will show up by this summer. Any one wanna push with me?

Replies

• steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    what's your food diary like? I'm a pretty slim guy now, and to lose 23#, I gave up all processed carbs, like all rices, breads and pastas. If you're still eating those, try going without them.
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That would be so hard! I enjoy my toasts in the morning. Any altenative to those?
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It's a great substitute, and I don't feel like I'm missing out. Good luck with those last 10. I'm in my last 5, and I've been stuck since March :0)
  • steinbok
    Options
    That would be so hard! I enjoy my toasts in the morning. Any altenative to those?

Udi's has a gluten free bread. There's also something by Sara Lee, which is a 45 calorie bread. It's on the food list.
    I didn't really replace it with anything, because I just know how heavy breads are in the carb and calorie department. Check the store and read labels. I'm sure there 's an alternative.
  • steinbok
    Options
    I've recently started using spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It's a great substitute, and I don't feel like I'm missing out. Good luck with those last 10. I'm in my last 5, and I've been stuck since March :0)

there's a great replacement for plain old spaghetti. It's also some fun just watching the spaghetti come together before your eyes. There isn't a lot of flavor to it either, and u just add sauce and parm cheese with it. Great replacement... only done it once, but plan to do it more.
  • Evellitha
    Options

Udi's has a gluten free bread. There's also something by Sara Lee, which is a 45 calorie bread. It's on the food list.
    I didn't really replace it with anything, because I just know how heavy breads are in the carb and calorie department. Check the store and read labels. I'm sure there 's an alternative.

I've been eating St-Methode's bread for a few months now. I don't think it's horrible but I can definately look into the suggestions. I still live in at home with parents so planning my meals apart from them gets tricky
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Been losing weight since last August, at 50 lbs lost so far. Now I just need to push through my last 10 lbs to reach my goal but I seem to have hit a snag. Really looking for support, tips, friends who are in the same boat. I'm digging deep with Insanity, started my second round 2 weeks ago, still hoping that the flat tummy will show up by this summer. Any one wanna push with me?

I also have 10 pounds to lose and have been up and down 4 pounds since last 1 yr...I am not able to go on low carb no matter how much I try...specially Indian food....
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Have you had your % of body fat measured? You may not need to lose the 10. When I got about 12 pounds from goal I got mine measured out of curiosity. I came in at 19%, which is healthy, but I wanted to go all the way. About 4 months later I got measured at 11%, which is athletic. But, I hadn't lost a pound since that first reading.I had hit a point where diet was taking fat off and exercise was putting muscle on. I had hit goal and didn't know it.

It's a worthwhile measurement to get to be sure you're not chasing a false goal weight.
  • Evellitha
    Options
    Have you had your % of body fat measured? You may not need to lose the 10. When I got about 12 pounds from goal I got mine measured out of curiosity. I came in at 19%, which is healthy, but I wanted to go all the way. About 4 months later I got measured at 11%, which is athletic. But, I hadn't lost a pound since that first reading.I had hit a point where diet was taking fat off and exercise was putting muscle on. I had hit goal and didn't know it.

It's a worthwhile measurement to get to be sure you're not chasing a false goal weight.

I just did a quick measurement on fat2fit and I have an approximate body fat % of 18.6% Which is impressive, thought it would be worst than that. Though I'd like it to be down to 10-12% if that is reasonable.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I just did a quick measurement on fat2fit and I have an approximate body fat % of 18.6% Which is impressive, thought it would be worst than that. Though I'd like it to be down to 10-12% if that is reasonable.

Do some research on that. Women require a higher percentage than men do. I believe 15% is absolute rock bottom. After that you start to disrupt female function. But, don't take my word on that. I really only researched male stats. I picked up the 15% from a passing reference to women in one of the articles. Personally, I think if you're female and at 18% you're golden.
  • ZigsFigs
    ZigsFigs Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm SO WITH YOU on the last 10 being the hardest. I'm struggling with them right now. Every step forward I take, I always jump two steps back it seems.
  • Steen_bean
    Steen_bean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am the sammme! Iv lost about 22lbs and I want to lose another 10-15 max, or gain some muscle and Iv been stuck at 140-142lbs for months. I cant crack it, I just want to see like 138 on the scales. Oooh well. I have a 15km in 9 weeks so Im going to start training for that and hope it gets me out of this plateau
  • islaybower
    islaybower Posts: 57
    Options
    18% for a woman is a very impressive fat %! I recall reading that 8-12% is a bear minimum for functioning (for women), and 'athlete' body fat is 14-18%. So really you don't want to lose more than another couple of percent!

I'm trying to shift my last 10lbs or so, which will take me down to something like 20% body fat, and all I can say is it takes serious patience. Your body is perfectly happy and will do what it can to avoid change! I have just lost a pound after SIX WEEKS of plateau, and I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me the best part of this year to get the last 8-10lbs off.

Avoiding refined carbs, lots of changing up your workouts, plenty of protein and enough sleep will help.