HELP PLEASE!

Options
So today is mothers day as you ll know...we went to duncan dough nuts in the morning, cuz we were out shopping, i had a box of munchkins x( and then later on a bowl of soup and nutell and peanut butter sandwich, i plan on going back to my real REAL devoted diet tomorrow, but what should i do do today? eat again or just wait till tomorrow, last time i ate was at about 11:00 :/ i appreciate any suggestions, xoxxo!

Replies

• kellysue48
    kellysue48 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So today is mothers day as you ll know...we went to duncan dough nuts in the morning, cuz we were out shopping, i had a box of munchkins x( and then later on a bowl of soup and nutell and peanut butter sandwich, i plan on going back to my real REAL devoted diet tomorrow, but what should i do do today? eat again or just wait till tomorrow, last time i ate was at about 11:00 :/ i appreciate any suggestions, xoxxo!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat as you normally would on a diet day for the rest of the day. No point starving yourself.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry eat something healthy - try to focus on getting your vegetable intake up with some lean protein.
  • kellysue48
    kellysue48 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would just eat light for the rest of the day. You shouldn't go too long between meals or your body will hold onto all that fat thinking that you are starving it. It's just one day......tomorrow you can start fresh again. Don't beat yourself up about it!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Log all the bad stuff in your diary so you know how many calories it cost you. Then eat as you normally woud (MFP/healthy way). If you have some extra time maybe do a litte exercise. :)

Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the wagon. :)
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Not to be nitpicky but its spelled "Dunkin Donuts", otherwise known in my hometown of Quincy (the birthplace of Dunkin Donuts) as "Dunks", "Dunkies", or just plain "D's".
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Not to be nitpicky but its spelled "Dunkin Donuts", otherwise known in my hometown of Quincy (the birthplace of Dunkin Donuts) as "Dunks", "Dunkies", or just plain "D's".

Ha ha. You get a "pass" on the grammar police thing. Since you're from Quincy. Yum ...now I want a donut.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I would just eat light for the rest of the day. You shouldn't go too long between meals or your body will hold onto all that fat thinking that you are starving it. It's just one day......tomorrow you can start fresh again. Don't beat yourself up about it!

The irony. The mind boggles.

"your body will hold onto all that fat thinking that you are starving it." + "It's just one day"...
  • k0vieira
    k0vieira Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks guys! i'm gunna eat then! whew! :D
  • Apsalmss27
    Apsalmss27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a question, I hope you guys can help. I have been doing MFP for a month and have lost 6 pounds, I feel great and my clothes are looking better. I am eating 1500 calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week. I have noticed that MFP puts everybody at 1200 calories but I was told that, that is not good for everybody. What do you guys think about this. Also do you guys eat your exercise calories and do you guys eat fewer calories on the days you don't work out?
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    Options
    i agree!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a question, I hope you guys can help. I have been doing MFP for a month and have lost 6 pounds, I feel great and my clothes are looking better. I am eating 1500 calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week. I have noticed that MFP puts everybody at 1200 calories but I was told that, that is not good for everybody. What do you guys think about this. Also do you guys eat your exercise calories and do you guys eat fewer calories on the days you don't work out?

You need to start your own thread about this. Include your weight, your goal weight, your age, height, and open your diary so people can make an educated guess. We don't like to highjack other people's threads - and you might actually get an answer if you start your own thread.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple days where I'm pretty sure I overate and I never once considered myself 'off my diet'. If you have a couple of bad days a year, that means you ate healthy 99.5% of the time. You just can't do it all the time.
  • Apsalmss27
    Apsalmss27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for hijacking this thread. I'm new to this and trying to learn the system. I will start my own thread.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Eat. Don't starve yourself. One day isn't going to make or break your diet. It's Mothers Day and days like this will happen for everyone.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Looks like it was an auto correct error and not intentional
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Agree with the advice re eating light for the rest of the day and starting afresh tomorrow, but there will be no impact to metabolism due to not eating for the rest of the day - it takes quite a bit longer than that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    EAT! Yesterday I ate a huge lunch and was over calories and thought about not really having dinner. By 10:30 I was starving and realized what a bad plan it was so I had a light healthy dinner. (and did a little workout to gain some extra calories)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

That doesn't happen.