Leasurely walking the mall

Options
Hi Everyone!
I went to the mall for mother's day and although it was a shopping marathon I walked at a very slow pace for about 3 hours pushing my 2 month old in a stroller. How would I calculate what I walked... any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Probably look under walking under exercise - slow pace - I think that may cover it
  • bigfoote_03
    bigfoote_03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would log it as Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace for 180 min. ................
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Here you go: Walking under 2.0 MPH very slow pace for 3 hours is 408 calories burned. :wink:
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Here you go: Walking under 2.0 MPH very slow pace for 3 hours is 408 calories burned. :wink:

For YOU it may be 408 calories, but for the OP it might be different. Different people burn at different rates, depending on age, gender, and weight...
  • pnuquay
    pnuquay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did the same thing today, was at the mall walking around and shopping for 3 hours. to compensate for standing around I just entered in 2 hours of 2 mph walking.
    I think that should cover it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    personally, I wouldn't count it.. it's not exercise.. it's a part of everyday life in my eyes.
  • Kjh0828
    Kjh0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help! Hope you all the Mama's had a great Mother's Day!
  • Kjh0828
    Kjh0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds perfect! I would say that is exactly what I did!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options

For YOU it may be 408 calories, but for the OP it might be different. Different people burn at different rates, depending on age, gender, and weight...

I'm very aware of this. However, I was trying to give her an estimate to use since she didn't have a HRM. I felt like it was a conservative one at that. No need to call me out. I was trying to help.