Girls, a time of the month question?

Options

Replies

• darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds is normal for me. A friend of mine routinely goes up 5-8.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I've had as much as 8 lbs before. It used to freak me out but now I know what it is and I know it will go away. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    3-5 and I am sure it has nothing to do with the chinese food, or the visit from Ben and Jerry.
    Add to that list anything w salt/fat/sugar/caffine in it.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This last time I was up 7lbs! (over night) I definately feel ya!
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    easily 2-5 lbs.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but drink more water at that time of the month. It will help your body to not retain quite so much fluid.

That being said, since I eat better quality foods now, I gain 3-5 lbs at that time, rather than the 5-10 lbs I used to.
  • christinet8504
    Options
    I don't weigh at all for that week. Starting about 2 days our from when I actually "start," I gain 5 right out of the gate and then it continues about a pound a day no matter what I do. Usually by the third day of my actual period I start to drop again. And then poof, its just gone the week after and I'm right back to where I started. I'm actually on an extended cycle BC pill now so I only have to deal with that every 3 months now, thank God!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    that's really an anecdote. Likely, your story is due to better diet and exercise routine
    10Ibs is an awful lot though :wink:

Not really if you're heavy to start with. Weight fluctuations have gotten much smaller as I got smaller.

No, not really. I still had 10 lb fluctuations when I started losing and had a consistent high quality diet and exercise. I had gradually smaller fluctuations the more weight I lost. 10 lb fluctuations are not abnormal for women who are larger. There are many others in this thread who experienced the same thing.

Furthermore, according to my gynecologist, this is perfectly normal for women who are obese and/or have abnormally heavy periods.
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    none. I'm one of these lucky woman unaffected by TOM. My sister hates me because of it
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    6 lbs and I hate it
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I gain weight and bloat 3-4 days before my period and put on 2-3 lbs. It goes away after a few days.
  • BlessedEight
    Options
    Yes, that frustrates me also. I feel I gain every other week and lose the other weeks. It's crazy!
  • emilymichellee
    Options
    I don't gain at all. :smile:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to weigh in on the week of my TOTM. Last week was mine which has been about 3 days. I don't want to be discouraged. I'd rather just say heck with it. Although, today, I feel fat. Usually before, I feel fat. During, I feel great. After, I feel great. So, I don't know what's going on with me and tomorrow is my weigh in day. :(
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used to put on about 7, but now after about 90 days of weight loss and working out it seems like I have only gained about 2 lbs this go around. But I sure FEEL it!
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Usually 3 or 4 pounds the week before, when I am *****y. After it starts goes right back down and I feel halway normal again.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    that's really an anecdote. Likely, your story is due to better diet and exercise routine
    10Ibs is an awful lot though :wink:

Not really if you're heavy to start with. Weight fluctuations have gotten much smaller as I got smaller.

Considering you have a penis, and unless you have defied nature and actually have experienced a menstrual cycle, I suggest you STFU. :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to weigh in on the week of my TOTM. Last week was mine which has been about 3 days. I don't want to be discouraged. I'd rather just say heck with it. Although, today, I feel fat. Usually before, I feel fat. During, I feel great. After, I feel great. So, I don't know what's going on with me and tomorrow is my weigh in day. :(

That's exactly how mine goes. I'm huge the few days before, then great after. Don't sweat it so much. Just keep meeting your nutrition and fitness goals for the week and forget about it. It's the long-term trend that matters most, not the monthly or weekly fluctuations.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Between 2 - 5 lbs and then the day or the day after it starts, I lose it all. The harder part for me to handle is that this lower cal or few carb diet has really messed with my cycle. I'm at least 6 - 8 weeks since the last one. Crazy body.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i gain between 2 and 4 lbs. it devestates me and sometimes doesnt go away" for a long time LOL!