Started today :)

Options
Hello, just thought I would say hello to everyone. My sister and I resolved last night to lose weight after some rude awakenings, and I found this amazing website...love it already.

Would love to share stories, tips and encouragement with other members as well. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Leminz50
    Leminz50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have just started today. I have been on WW but found this site by fluke really and this it is great. I would love to keep in touch and try and help each other out.
  • mfchiumento
    mfchiumento Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on the decision to change your life. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on deciding to change your life!

Feel free to add me as I'm on here every day! I enjoy motivating with others!

Also, please check this out.

http://examine.com/faq/

This will help with any fads, and myths. Many many many fads and myths are spread around this forum. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. If I get specific here, the trolls and bro-scientists tend to get offended and like to start arguments and tell other people they are wrong regardless of anything. I likely won't be returning to you're thread because of that.

Anyhow, congrats on a new lifestyle! I hope you have the best kind of success!
  • kcsammy
    kcsammy Posts: 3
    Options
    It really works, hang in there, and good luck!!
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think I say this to all the new people, but if you haven't tried the phone app, its great. Love it. You can add me if you want more support.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think I say this to all the new people, but if you haven't tried the phone app, its great. Love it. You can add me if you want more support.

Yes, the phone app is great !

Welcome & congrats on changing your life! This site & the support you get is amazing!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I also joined with my sister. I love the support I get from this site and have sent a friend request if you would like another friend to help support you on your journey. =)
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Welcome and cograts on new choices!!
    Feel free to add me, if you like!
  • amygard71
    amygard71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site and I'm on here everyday. Feel free to add me if you would like some encouragement. Good luck to you and your sister.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Be careful, you two!

The phone app, the calorie counting, the forums, the fitbit device...

...its all very addictive.

You'll be having fun and steadily losing weight if you're not careful!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    This site is AMAZING! Such a supportive, accountable, and motivating place to be! Welcome! Feel free to add me... and great at making the first step. Just remember to take it one day at a time...and never look back!
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to change your life!! Today is the first day of week 4 for me and I LOVE MFP! It's a great way to meet people who will support & motivate you daily =) Please feel free to send a friend request!!
  • sethharmon
    sethharmon Posts: 10
    Options
    tabulator32 hit the nail on the head for me. I have been on this site just over a week and find it addicting and fun....and I am losing pounds!!!
  • shaggy420p
    shaggy420p Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I just got on this site today. A friend told me about it. And she has had great success, so I thought I would try it. I am looking for friends to hold me accountable. I am a 2 year breast cancer survivor and gained a lot of weight during my chemotherapy. I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are here! You will do great :)
  • lancelot12
    lancelot12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi,I just started this site a couple of weeks ago and find it very helpful-feel free to add me....good luck