Zumba is Hard!!!

Options
Ok. So I got the kinect Zumba game and I really like it but I am just not gettin the moves. I hear people tend to feel more comfortable with it after a few times, but Im not there yet. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba for Wii. It is hard. Of course, I'm not very coordinated. I tried doing the dance steps first, then I said screw it and went straight to a workout. I was drenched in sweat, and probably looked like a fool, but at least we are trying. Just keep trying. My goal is to try and take an actual class with other people. But I'm not there yet.
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    Same here...the game actually came with I think 4 free classes but Im not going alone. I like running better than anything at this point. I did Jillian for awhile but that didnt burn enough calories for me.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor but have never done the games. Zumba seems hard at first, but if you keep doing it and practicing the moves, it gets easier and you start to get sexier and move easier :) I love Zumba, it's a great workout and if you give it enough time you will begin to enjoy it! BTW, going to a Zumba class is never going alone, you will have many other Zumba peeps in the class and they will make you feel like part of the family.....Try it! You will see
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    it all about moving and sweating. so don't worry about it. i have tooken classes and i don't know anything about dancing. i like to think i have two left feet. but in the end i sweat a tone as if i was in any other class. so just have fun
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    I bought Zumba for Wii. It is hard. Of course, I'm not very coordinated. I tried doing the dance steps first, then I said screw it and went straight to a workout. I was drenched in sweat, and probably looked like a fool, but at least we are trying. Just keep trying. My goal is to try and take an actual class with other people. But I'm not there yet.

Same here! I love it at home....after a while of doing the same class you'll catch on :)
    I checked out a class at my gym, and no way I'm ready for that yet! Too uncoordinated/clumsy...baby steps :)
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    LOL you'll get so much better in time! at least ur in the privacy of ur home; i do the classes and to this day i still stomp on peoples feet :D
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    My first class I sat in the parking lot until my friend got there. She was late, so I called her and told her that if she didnt come I wasnt going in, lol. After the first class, I was sold. I didnt need anyone holding my hand! It took me about 4 classes until I got the moves. Well worth it!
  • Missy8856
    Missy8856 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love zumba. Every part of my body is worn out after a hour long class! I have the wii game and do it some, but I prefer the class.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I find that Zumba is much easier in an actual classroom setting than with a game on the console. The games just don't break it down enough and also nitpick that you don't get the move exactly right. While in a classroom I can modify a move if I need to for whatever reason and I'm not going to get called out for doing it wrong.
  • mshealy
    mshealy Posts: 36
    Options
    I love zumba!!!! I took live classes 3 times a week for a year and then my instructor had to move out of town :( I started blind. I had never went to a class and did not have anyone to go with me the first time. I was way behind everyone else but the great thing is no one is looking at YOU most people are watching the instructor. The best thing is the moves in one routine are pretty repetitive so its easy to catch on. I now do zumba on my wii 3 times a week and I love it just as much!!!!
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor but have never done the games. Zumba seems hard at first, but if you keep doing it and practicing the moves, it gets easier and you start to get sexier and move easier :) I love Zumba, it's a great workout and if you give it enough time you will begin to enjoy it! BTW, going to a Zumba class is never going alone, you will have many other Zumba peeps in the class and they will make you feel like part of the family.....Try it! You will see

I agree!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yup, like every one else is saying, just stick with it.

You start out feeling like a fool. That's okay. Every one started at that level. Laugh it off and keep moving. After while you get the muscle memory, and it becomes natural.
  • Emmazach
    Emmazach Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the Kinect Zumba, and your right it is hard!! I looked like a total goofball when I started. It took me about 2 weeks of doing it till I finally started remembering and recognizing some steps. Don't give up, it really is fun. Btw.... I am still a goofball while doing it, but I am a sweaty one. Good Luck and keep doing it.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I have never done the WII or anything like that. I only go to classes. My nieces have done several of those, but then they started going to class with me. The class is better in their opinion. Yes, it takes a while to get the moves, but you get so much more encouragement at the classes.

But KEEP IT UP!! It gets easier. And, yes, you will be drenched in sweat after the classes.
  • fooshan
    fooshan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Once you know/memorize the moves, you would be able to move to the music naturally :)
    Don't give up!
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your input!! I paid 40 bucks for the game so I have to do it LOL! But I do think I will eventually take a class. I have heard from almost evrybody that the class will teach you way more than a video game.