Thoughts on Shakeology...

Options
RMuske
RMuske Posts: 271 Member
Shakeology seems kind of pricey for something I can't taste test first.. Anyone have success with it? Love it? Hate it? :)

Replies

• renatadelarose
    Options
    I love shakeology, you can mix with water or skim milk, sometimes I add peanut butter, banana or berries. Very filling and gives me a burst of energy. I have only tried the chocolate flavor. Had one yesterday for breakfast :)) I like them
  • waterrabbit1104
    waterrabbit1104 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has the "30 day gaurantee", where if you don't like it by the time you finish the bag, you get a full refund. I'm giving it a shot starting tuesday, so I'll let you know how it goes!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    i've never tried it, but all the people I know who sell it say that the chocolate taste really great. :smile:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It's over priced. You're paying for a multi-vitamin, protein supplement and a whole lot of marketing.

Edit: And profit :)
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. It is expensive but it helps curb my appetite without taking pills or other crap out there. If you can find a beachbody coach they will send you samples.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Is the Shakeology Whey protien or soy? JUst ordered a beachbody workout but have not tried the Shakeology.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The new flavor, Tropical Strawberry absolutely rocks. Chocolate is ok but I need to add PB2 and a banana. Greenberry is not that good. I mix in some vanilla whey protein and almond milk to make it drinkable.

Like a previous poster said, money back guarantee, even if you finish the whole bag.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    As others have said, there is a 30 day money back guarantee even if you use every drop. What is essential to know is that it is NOT just another protein shake. It is whole food nutrition sourced from around the world. There is nothing else out there that you can compare it to and be comparing apples to apples. All I know is, I have been drinking it for two years. I not longer struggle with IBS, I lost weight and my husband, who also drinks it, no longer need cholesterol meds. Yes, I am a Coach.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    As others have said, there is a 30 day money back guarantee even if you use every drop. What is essential to know is that it is NOT just another protein shake. It is whole food nutrition sourced from around the world. There is nothing else out there that you can compare it to and be comparing apples to apples. All I know is, I have been drinking it for two years. I not longer struggle with IBS, I lost weight and my husband, who also drinks it, no longer need cholesterol meds. Yes, I am a Coach.

Really now... I am not a huge chocolate fan but the green one and the new one sounds interesting. Do you have samples?
  • chriswatson06
    Options
    In my personal opinon, Chocolate is my favorite flavor, I love adding pb to it, Greenberry isn't the best taste in the world - to me it is kinda "earthy". Tropical is pretty good too and the fact that it is vegan is pretty awesome too.

If you go to ShakeReplacement.com they will send you a free sample of shakeology if you signup for a free beachbody account under them.
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    Never heard of this before :/
  • jackytj
    jackytj Posts: 7
    Options
    Shakeology is amazing ! It's gonna sound commercial but honestly it really changed my life. I just feel so great. I feel better than I ever have! If you have any questions about shakeology feel free to contact me :)
  • jackytj
    jackytj Posts: 7
    Options
    Chocolate is totally the best one. If you like Reeses..there's a way to make it taste like Reeses in a cup! Lol feel free to contact me about it :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Shakeology seems kind of pricey for something I can't taste test first.. Anyone have success with it? Love it? Hate it? :)

Extremely overpriced for what you get, if they try to harp on all the added extra goodies simply ask them how many of them are in efficacious dosages for humans.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to find a coach, but should you manage to find one, they will happily sell you some.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who used to sell it... stopped using it and said it really doesn't do anything.
  • indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT! The chocolate is great with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some water. Gives me good energy but not artiricial and no crash, also keeps the digestive system in track. It's really not over priced -- I only use 3/4 scoop a day so my one bag has lasted me 1.5 months. Totally worth it!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lots of ideas on adding things to make it taste better. For 4 bucks a serving, I would think you shouldn't have to add anything.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It isn't sold where I live, so I only know what I've read about it on MFP (which is quite a lot because it gets discussed pretty regularly!).

My best suggestion is to think about what you expect it to do for you... no shake (or any single food for that matter) is magically going to make you lose weight. All it is going to do is to add some protein or other nutrients to your diet.
    If you are getting enough of these from the food you eat, then it won't do anything.
    If you are deficient in something and the shake or supplement that you choose adds that, then it's useful.

Personally I wouldn't go for Shakeology even if I could get it - but that's because I rarely drink protein shakes anyway (I'd rather eat my calories than drink them and if I want to drink something I'll make a smoothie myself so I know what has been added to it) but also because I'm not a fan of multilevel marketing schemes - they mostly seem to be designed to make a lot of money for the people at the very top of the pyramid by taking advantage of all the suckers down below.