New with PCOS

Options
Hi. I just joined today. I'm looking for friends to help me loose all this weight i have due to PCOS. I recently have got put on Metaformin, and will be seeing a nutritionist.

Replies

• BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Welcome. I have PCOS as well. Feel free to add me. I lost 28 lbs before I joined MFP. I've lost 2 lbs just in the 4 days I've been here. The support you receive is fantastic.
  • forakers99
    forakers99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome! I too have PCOS and take metformin. I have seen a nutritionist and it really helped me put things into perspective. I still struggle and am sure I will for a long while but it's not like I got this way over night. I have went through a few Invitro cycles and numerous IUI cycyles and found it easy to blame my weight gain on all the injections and meds, however the truth was i let my eating get way out of hand. Now it's time to reel it back in. I began changing my habits before joining MFP and have lost 30 lbs. Every road has it's ups and downs as I am sure you are aware and this road will be no exception. This is a good sight that has a lot of information and good people on it that seem to be very supportive. I wish you the best on your new life journey. If you would like to add me as a friend feel welcome to do so. Congratulations on your decision.:smile:
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS, and am restarting metformin. The first time I was on metformin (to help with fertility), taking the meds plus switching to Coke Zero instead of regular coke helped me lose twenty pounds. :-)

Fee free to add me.
  • EKG14
    EKG14 Posts: 3
    Options
    just started today. i have PCOS and have 55 pounds to lose. i am seeing a nutritionist and taking a 10 week weight management class to help me get started toward my goal.
  • mrskymberly
    mrskymberly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS and am on Metformin. I decided to change for good about 6 weeks ago. So far so good. I really love MFP and all the support I have received. I really think that this site will be key in my weight loss journey. A Dr. once told me that a good book to read for those with PCOS and weight issues is The Insulin Resistance Diet. It might be a good guideline of where to start in your journey. I know it has helped me. Feel free to add me as a friend...we can inspire each other! Good luck!!
  • Big_Dumpling
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I too have PCOS and was diagnosed with it over 20 years ago. I have yoyoed up and down all that time. Best way to deal with this syndrome is diet and the dreaded exercise. I have never even been offered metformin but hear it is very good (if you are able to take it) at helping with the symptoms. I was only ever offered the pill and that doesn't help which was why I went down the route of diet and when I can be bothered exercise lol. I also have an underactive thyroid, so double whammy on the weight gain for me lol. Feel free to add me.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    hi Im liz and i also have PCOS. was diagnosed last november. Im also new to MFP. Hubby and I are TTC so you already know that PCOS is in the way, but thats not stopping me. =)
  • jrd93
    jrd93 Posts: 2
    Options
    I too have PCOS and have just joined, looking forward to the tips and tricks! :)