I am new here, would love to have support friends

Options
Hello my name is Ashley, I am new here to my fitnesspal. I have heard so many great things about this place, and have seen people actually lose a lot of weight here. I was with weight watchers, but when I found out I can do the same thing here for free, I dropped them lol. I would love to have some friends, I weigh 318, I just found this out and i am disgusted. I am trying to lose 150 pounds. I believe having support friends is perfect, because you do not feel your doing it alone. I look forward to meeting you, and am glad I decided to join here. Thank you all for your time :)

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Other people use this site instead of or in conjunction with other plans such as Weight Watchers. There are groups for people with particular interests, including a few for people with over 100 pounds they wish to lose. You can use what you learned in WW, and add to it.
    Best wishes!

(I don't add friends until I know someone a bit, but others are more willing to add people.)
  • darwindog22
    Options
    I am new here as well and would love to have some support. I know you can do it!! Just like I believe I can do it as well. Our goals are very similar!! Let's do this!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have 134 pounds to lose (32 gone). Add me if you like. I am on here daily ;)

You can do this. We can do this ;)
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Welcome! If you want a good supporting friend, you may want to add me. :-)
  • losingforanewlove
    Options
    Welcome!
    I am also new here and would love to meet new friends for support and to support along the way!

Feel free to add me!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Lots of motivation and support on this board. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • FoxForceFiveNZ
    Options
    Hi Ashley!
    I've been here nearly a week and also looking for supportive friends. Please add me! :)
  • mrskymberly
    mrskymberly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 6 weeks and am really impressed with it. (I still can't believe that this site is free!) Feel free to add me a as a friend, the more the merrier to inspire and motivate each other!!
  • kimbesa0
    kimbesa0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going on MFP for about a month and it's going well so far. I live near London and have two sons. I have lost weight before but it came back and I'd like to make myfitnesspal a lifelong tool so that I steadily take it off and then stay healthy. I'd love some friends on here ;-)
  • jbilgs
    jbilgs Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new too and would love to offer support! Feel free to add me :)
  • oldtrubs
    oldtrubs Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat as you. I am on a tough journey to lose 172 lbs. feel free to add me :)
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I as well had alot of weight to lose I have lost 115 lbs and my goal is to lose 85lbs more feel free to add me.
  • AngelaKorb
    AngelaKorb Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm new to this healthy lifestyle and way of living. :)
  • VickyJo21
    VickyJo21 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Hun

Me too, I was with Slimming World. I need to lose a lot, I was just short of 300lbs so need to lose a similar amount. Do feel free to add me if you wish to :o)

Vicky
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Adding you.. anyone can feel free to add me as well!!! thanks i need to lose about 100 lbs also. 14 gone ..
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'll add you if you like - I have 89 lb left to go at the moment.
  • Mandanbil
    Mandanbil Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello, still finding my feet on here, will send out a friend request, got over 100 lbs to lose myself, lost over 9 stone a few years back by starving and guess what put most of it back on again so this time decided not to starve myself so trying the eat more to lose weight method, still finding my feet and tweaking my calories to see what is working, am on daily so new friends are always most welcome, I am 46 and a female thank you for reading
  • AloveYourself
    Options
    please add me, i am new on here, and would love a support system online to help me celebrate the daily accomplishments...
    i struggle daily with my weight and self image... i think at my largest i was close to 200lbs, but i refused to step on a scale after 189, so not for sures on where i started at... but i just weighed myself moments ago, 161lbs and feeling good enough about it that i am willing to state publicly ONE HUNDRED SIXY ONE POUNDS!! i still have a ways to go and would love some support!!