To much water??

Options
Ok this site really scared me.. I drink like 6 bottles of water a night. Every hour on the hour. And I am afraid that I might be drinking to much water..
Well it feels like every minute or something.. lol it is hard to explain. I can never stop drinking it.. I only have it sitting down for few minutes then I drink again

http://www.wisegeek.com/can-drinking-too-much-water-be-unhealthy-or-even-dangerous.htm

I am 308 and 5ft3 someone said that we should drink half our body weight or something. I don't remember but after reading this now I don't know how much I should really drink.

Replies

• Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Half of your body weight in lbs = how many ounces a day your should be drinking

Less if you have a healthy diet (fruits and veggies) but add some if you exercise hardcore all the time.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yea I saw that on NCIS.

Here is a list of some of the dangers

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    but is 6-7 bottles of water to much? I dont eat many veggies or fruits like I should..
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ignore all that bodyweight BS and just drink 72oz of water a day. Theres a trend on here. ALOT of people tend to overdo and over complicate things. Just keep it simple.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    There is the pee test for minimum, if it is straw colour or clear then you are having enough. To do damage you need gallons and gallons of water.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You should also be aware that being very thirsty all the time is a symptom of type 2 diabetes. If you are really voraciously thirsty it might be time for a check up.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    The diabetes I already was tested and don't have that..
    I am a very very healthy woman that just weighs a lot. The only thing wrong with me is my thyroid and that is it
    Blood pressure is low (normal)
    And everything else is good I dont eat junk food like i used

But I do feel that my mouth does water a lot.. Which I think is normal.
  • EmmaRundell
    Options
    You should spread the water out throughout the day, rather than drinking 6 or so glasses in quick succession. Too much water can cause damage (often why people on Ecstasy die because they drink too much water, actually). All I'd say is don't drink it all in one 'sitting' as you say you do.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No, i don't think 7 bottles is too much. If we're talking normal sized 16.9oz bottles. That is roughly 14 cups of water. When I exercise a lot I drink around 12-14+ cups in a 24 hr period. On days when I don't hardly exercise I try to drink around 9 or more.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Then when should I drink the water? I am addicted to it lol

I used to drink the Aquafina water bottles 16.9
    but now I am drinking great value purified water 500ml (1PT 0.9 oz) "don't even understand that part is this less then the aquafina? lol"
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I used to drink the Aquafina water bottles 16.9
    but now I am drinking great value purified water 500ml (1PT 0.9 oz) "don't even understand that part is this less then the aquafina? lol"

One pint is 16oz. so the great value bottles are exactly the same size as the aquafina.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    ooh ok ty!!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Definately not too much water.

I tend to drink at least 10 of the 500mL bottles a day... sometimes more... sometimes less.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon a day and no adverse issues except running to the bathroom every hour. I think that you are fine. Yes, you technically can drink too much but you would have to drink a lot to reach that point.
  • Dschmincke
    Dschmincke Posts: 6
    Options
    If you drink a whole bottle of water and are still truly thirsty there is another condition that you may need to be tested for. It's called Diabetes Insipidus. This condition can occur when your body does not produce enough of the hormone that regulates the fluid levels in your body. It is rare but excessive thirst and frequent urination are the main symptoms.