Why the muffin top??

Options
smokeatr9
smokeatr9 Posts: 37 Member
OK - so maybe it's because it's 2AM and I have 4 more hours to go at work but I just had a goofy moment that I thought was appropriate to share with MFP. :D

I was talking to a friend that has lost about 40 lb's and counting (thanks to WW online) about the weight I've put on since meeting my husband. (About 40 lb's coincedentally) After she tells me that she never would have guessed, I look down at my muffin top and think "you wouldn't??" Then it hits me... I didn't get this from eating muffins!!!

I HEREBY DECLARE THE TERM "MUFFIN TOP" OBSOLETE! The new term shall be CUPCAKE TOP!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Call it what you will, it is still there... And there is only one good way to lose it... LOL> Welcome aboard -- We are all in the same boat so let's paddle together... Best wishes on your journey.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    YAY CUPCAKE TOP! :D
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wear bigger pants. Problem solved.
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What about burger belt? Or chip cummerbund? What you really want of course is a salad six pack :p
  • smokeatr9
    Options
    What about burger belt? Or chip cummerbund? What you really want of course is a salad six pack :p

best post i've read all night!!!! LOVE IT! If only i could go to the store and just buy a salad six pack....oh well :D
  • smokeatr9
    Options
    Wear bigger pants. Problem solved.

I disagree -- problem just hidden. Next thing you know you're 20, 30, 50+ lbs heavier because you're just hiding the issues. By wearing pants that fit - not skin tight, but not hanging like a sack either - I realized one day when I saw a reflection of myself in a window that something had to give. My own personal motivator.. :D
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I HATE MY MUFFIN/CAKE/TACO/PIZZA/CHEESE BURGER (etc etc) TOP!!!!!!!!!! As long as we're calling it everything we ate while gaining weight :bigsmile:
  • smokeatr9
    Options
    I HATE MY MUFFIN/CAKE/TACO/PIZZA/CHEESE BURGER (etc etc) TOP!!!!!!!!!! As long as we're calling it everything we ate while gaining weight :bigsmile:

Well in that case it's definitely my sugary sweet carbohydrate top!!! lol