need hints on keeping it off

Options
i guess im lucky in the fact i can drop the weight very quickly i can easily drop anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs a week seriously but i cant keep it off esp if my mom is in town i swear all my she and my dad want to do is go out to eat and eat and eat lol of course both of them are slim and can eat anything i had dropped 20 lbs a couple of months ago went to moms for a week and gained 25 back cause i put it on just as quickly as i lose it if not quicker well i got my but back in gear a couple of weeks ago and have lost the weight but mom and dad are coming up for a visit in 2 weeks and i know i wil gain some back and i dont wanna halp

Replies

• mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that the key to keeping it off is to not fall back into bad eating habits. Even at goal...you still have to exercise(will help to have extra calories for all of mom's good cooking):wink: Also you have to make it a lifestyle change for day to day eating....eat healthier choices when out. I have so made the mistake of losing weight and then going right back to the comfort foods and gaining it all back plus some. so this time I plan to keep up the healthy lifestyle in maintanance! I know there will always be an occasion to splurge but that will be with exercise and hopefully done sparingly!
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    ditto Michelle!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Refocus the attention from food when you're with your parents. Would they go for a walk with you so they could see your neighborhood or at the park? Something active would be awesome. But if they aren't able/willing, would they play scrabble with you? Would your mom go shopping with you at the mall? (Hey there's some walking too! :bigsmile: ) What can you do to entertain other than putting a day's worth of calories in your mouth at every meal?

Also, find some low-calorie dishes YOU can make for your MOM! And check out the restaurants in your area where you could find a healthy option. They're on your turf so you can suggest what restaurants you have in your area. Minestrone soup and salad at Olive Garden is a personal fave! Good luck!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I humbly put forward that maybe you could try eating the number of calories you need to Maintain your Goal weight as a way of loosing the weight. You won't loose 20lb a month (!) but in your mind it won't be as if loosing weight is a goal in itself, you'll be thinking of it more as eating like the person you want to be... and that will make it easier to not overeat when you're with your folks. They eat a lot, you don't, it's not who you are now. :flowerforyou: