calories intake help!

Options
Hi Everyone!

Im having an issue determining how many calories I should be consuming daily.
I was wondering can someone please help me?

Im 18 years old female, who is 53 kilograms and am 175cm tall.
I ecercise everyday at the gym for a little bit over an hour, so 7 days a week.

I dont have have much layers of fat on me at all, I dont want to loose much more weight either,
I just want to become fit and toned up. (my tummy and legs are flabby a bit and want to be toned)

I used to eat 1200 calories a day till i realized I was burning 600-700 calories a day and by the time i added it into my diary my net calories was 600, and i know that is way too low.

The online calculators confuse me too much because i dont want to loose weight, nor put more on. I just want to have little fat on my body (without looking too skinny) and to look fit (without looking too muscly).

How much should i be eating daily???
or how much should my net calories be at???
someone please help! im really confused and have no one to talk to about this stuff.

Replies

• mikeinjapan
    mikeinjapan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you want the easy way out switch to whole milk and eat just a tiny amount more. The calories that MFP is suggesting for you are probably pretty close but your choice of foods is all low-calorie and low-fat. Enjoy real food and switch when you get older. :laugh:
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing? Sounds like you need to focus more on that than calorie intake per se. Try to focus on weight training, w/ maybe just 15 minutes of cardio daily (eliptical would be great for toning your legs as well).

As for the calculator, you should be entering all of your info into it, including the fact that you are in maintenance. This should give you the calorie intake you need, w/o gaining or losing (although everyone fluctuates a few lbs up or down now and then). Are you using the MFP calculator? It's very thorough, and shouldn't be too confusing.