Calories burned in P90X workouts

Options
Does anyone have a rough estimate on how many calories are burned in the P90X workouts. I'm guessing I burn about 500 in Plyometrics but have no idea on the Legs/back, Arms/Back, Chest/Shoulders.... I know I should just get a heart rate monitor but until I do I am curious to know how many everyone else burns. I weigh 133. Thanks

Replies

• licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    The best way for you to find out how many calories you burn is to invest in a heart rate monitor.
    Each persons calorie burn is going to be different.

I personally burn on average 230 or so calories from the strength workouts, sometimes more sometimes less.
    As for the cardio workouts, that always varies for me because it depends on how intense I am. The most I have ever burned doing plyo is around 450-550.
  • amicklin
    Options
    Hey Melissa. I am 130 lbs. so I think we would be similiar although it will differ because of different muscle/ fat percentages. . . . I burn anywhere from 400-550 in Plyometrics, 250-350 in Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X and 400 in Kenpo.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i weigh 136 and i've been doing some of the cardio workouts for a month or so. my hrm shows that i do about 300cals for those.

i just did legs and back with abripperx and burned 463 cals.
    (first time ever for legs and back; have done arx many time)

personally, i think my hrm is least accurate for arx--i think lying down messes up the signal. but i don't care much b/c i don't worry about every exact calorie consumed/burned. i'm not a science subject in a lab and therefore use all these as guidelines.

hth.
  • Mobina71
    Options
    i don't see that doing strength training allows for burned calories. how do i account for this?
  • randalmartin
    Options
    HRM are worthless when it comes to estimating calorie burn for strength training. Strength training doesn't elevate your heart rate significantly so as far as your HRM you haven't done much. However that completely misses the effect of non cardio muscle work. Ask yourself does doing 30 pushups get you winded? No it doesn't. Do your chest muscles demand energy when you work them out? Of course they do.
  • daego12345
    daego12345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your wt for calories burned
  • chereedoggett
    chereedoggett Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I enter my workout in the MFP exercise log and it entered calories burned for me. I don't know how accurate they are.